Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] No sound after resume from sleep mode

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] No sound after resume from sleep mode within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Acer Aspire 5670 / Genuine Intel(R) CPU / T2250 @ 1.73GHz 1.73 GHz / 2.00 GB RAM Windows 7 Home

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Acer Aspire 5670 / Genuine Intel(R) CPU / T2250 @ 1.73GHz 1.73 GHz / 2.00 GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit (No SP)

Hello,

Ever since I installed Windows 7 on my previously XP run laptop I have had sound issues.

- After I resume my laptop from sleep mode I get no more sound eventhough the taskbar volume indicator clearly shows the sound volume flashing.
I have to restart my laptop to get the sound working again.

-Also when I plug in a headphone into my laptop the sound goes dead.
If I start up my laptop with a headphone plugged in it works fine untill I unplug it and then guess what, sound no more .

In device manager under audio it is listed as High Definition Audio Device and according to Windows is functioning properly and up to date.

Furthermore Windows 7 has been working like a charm except for this flaw.
Are any of you familiar with this issue and know of a remedy?
Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

Hi,

Despite Device Manager saying that your sound driver is up to date, it most likely is not.

Update it from here: https://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/as_5670.html (select the Realtek Sound driver in the drop down list).

Also, by having no Service Packs installed you are missing many critical updates. I do not think that the lack of service packs is causing this issue but it would pay to update sooner rather than later.

SP direct download links: https://www.techsupportforum.com/f104...ml#post1387293

Regards,
Reventon
Old 07-31-2010, 04:46 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hello Reventon,

After installing Audio Realtek ver. 6.0.1.5377 I managed to get the sound functioning as desired!
Thank you for your advice.

Regarding your statement about the servicepacks you posted a link to Vista SP downloads.
Since I have Windows 7 I was not under the impression Vista service packs would be beneficial, am I mistaken?

For Windows 7 only a Beta version service pack has recently been released.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 04:49 AM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus

Apologies. I assumed that as you had made a point of putting "(No SP)" in the OS that I was dealing with Vista (I missed the "7"!). You are correct, no SP for 7 has been released yet.

Glad to know you fixed it.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #5
Registered Member

No need to aplogize.
I had noted no SP for windows 7 in attempt to make it clear I had none installed (not the Beta).
Turns out I only achieved the opposite, therefore I have removed the notification to prevent misunderstandings.
Thanks again for solving my audio problem, my gratitude is great.
Closed Thread