Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] HTTPS not working on any browser

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] HTTPS not working on any browser within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am having problems with https sites like gmail. I have tried to access in chrome IE and firefox and

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am having problems with https sites like gmail. I have tried to access in chrome IE and firefox and all 3 saying its not secure.

Also my time clock will not update its stuck in 2009. I tried the internet time and it says an error connecting to time.microsoft.com

This all started after I pulled the bios battery out.
I tried a system restore and same thing.
I tried turning firewalls on and off and I have deleted all temporary files.
Also forgot that none of the windows updates will work.

I dont think its a virus I did a scan with Avira and nothing comes up. I think its some sort of firewall setting or something like that.

I am running windows 7 home premium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

First thing I suggest, is to go into your BIOS and check the Date and Time there, set it manually inside the BIOS first.

Updating your system using Windows Update should help solve a lot of your problems you've mentioned. So could you explain in further details what you mean by Windows Update will not work?

Why did you remove the battery anyway?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Validate your Windows OS - www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Visiting Expert | Microsoft Support Team

If your time/date is stuck at 2009 you won't be able to update. In order to use the Windows Update function the date needs to bet set to the correct one, or will otherwise result in a fault code.

So try the above post and make sure the BIOS clock is set correctly (Press DEL during setup). And of course you need to have a validated Windows version, if you don't, check jcgriff2's post.

Microsoft Certified Professional[/SIZE]
Old 08-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks guys it was the bios clock being off.
First it would not validate as being genuine then I changed bios clocked and it worked fine after that.
Also my gmail works fine now.
I pulled the battery out because I was OCing and messing with ram timings and it would not boot into anything not even bios so I hard to reset the bios.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:19 AM   #6
Visiting Expert | Microsoft Support Team

Glad you got it working, now leave that shiny battery alone ;)

Microsoft Certified Professional[/SIZE]
Closed Thread