Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] following error on new build."fatal error: one or more table pointers are in

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] following error on new build."fatal error: one or more table pointers are in within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I'm receiving an error message " fatal error: one or more table pointers are invalid. Modifications could be

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all, I'm receiving an error message " fatal error: one or more table pointers are invalid. Modifications could be unsafe - press any key to continue"

I've just put together my new build, and have never came across this. Googling hasn't solved anything. All help is much appreciated Computer does seem to run okay when started.

Specs:
Gigabyte G1 Sniper B5 mobo
Intel i5 4430 CPU
Gigabyte gtx650ti OC 1gb
8GB Mushkins blackline ram
1TB Seagate HDD.
- can be more detailed on request.

Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

* Boot up the PC from your Windows installation disk * Press and hold SHIFT and then press F10 * Input "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" (without quotes) Restart the PC Note: If the above doesn't fix your boot issue then use the command "bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force" instead.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I read that on another site and gave it ago. However no luck. I've also tried reinstalling windows and again no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Registered Member

Update: while running the optical drive does become unresponsive and really slow down the computer when in use.
It also does not show up on speccy while in use.
Could this be relevant?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Very much so. If you have more then one optical drive, unplug the non responsive one. If not try replacing it.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Registered Member

I seem to have fixed it...

I have yet to look at the disk drive to see if its performance has been changed as I'm just about to leave for work. (All I had done is try booting with out the disk drive, and the error still occured.)

What fixed it was the original message Spunk posted. I had tried these commands however I must of entered it in wrong, e.g. the site says bootsext.exe / nt60 SYS / force which didn't work for me. however moving the brackets to the begin of the words did like its read on "bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force"

To clarify because that probably didn't make sense, to all others who experience a similar problem, "bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force" in that exact spacing is what solved my issues.

Thanks Spunk for the help.
Closed Thread