Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Asus mousepad not working

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Asus mousepad not working within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, My girlfriend booted up her laptop this morning and the mousepad was not responding, it does not move

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys,

My girlfriend booted up her laptop this morning and the mousepad was not responding, it does not move or click. She has disabled and enabled it, as it was already enabled and it was working fine last night (as she was at mine with it). She also booted in safe mode and the mousepad was still not working. There appears to be no software in the add or remove programs list in relation to a mouse and she does not have a temporary external USB mouse.

I have researched and it mentioned removing drivers and rebooting, but that was when it was working in safe mode, however, her mousepad does not work in safe mode or normal.

Does anyone have any ideas on what other troubleshooting we could do?

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #2
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

See if Windows System restore can be of help -
START | type rstrui - select restore point prior to yesterday

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Old 02-17-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the prompt reply, that was the first thing we tried, I forgot to mention that lol. That still didn't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 04:23 AM   #4
Administrator
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Check Reliability Monitor to see if in fact anything did install -
START | type perfmon /rel

Any red/ yellow flags in device Manager?
START | type devmgmt.msc

Check system manufacturer's support site or touchpad's support site for driver updates.

You should get USB mouse to see if it works. It may not make sense - "mouse worked yesterday, not today" -- but same happened here in 2008 on a Fujitsu A6030 laptop. Mousepad had to be replaced.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks, I will pass the information on and see what happens. I will let you know the results when we've tested it.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #6
Registered Member

The reliability monitor said that a PS/2 mouse was installed properly and should be working, but obviously its not... lol
There are no yellow or red flags in the device manager.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:24 AM   #7
Registered Member

Its fixed! Her technical solution was "I smacked it" and then it restarted itself and it was working lol.

Thanks for your assistance though.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #8
Administrator
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Glad to hear of unconventional solution. I suggest that you clean the mousepad with isopropyl alcohol and qtips carefully. However, it may be a loose wire/ connection causing the problem. I would advise keeping a USB mouse on hand just in case!

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Closed Thread