Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] agm.dll error (I think) - Photoshop CS2

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] agm.dll error (I think) - Photoshop CS2 within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Photoshop CS2 has been working fine up until a few days ago. Now, in the middle of a task, it

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

Photoshop CS2 has been working fine up until a few days ago. Now, in the middle of a task, it shuts down and an error message pops up. Screen shot of event, File attached.

My PC is Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64-bit, 12 GB installed RAM, Intel i5 2320 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Event Error.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	118348  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Try re-installing PS-CS2
Old 11-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #3
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi -

Definitely try reinstall as suggested by pip22

However, in your screenshot, I see the APPCRASH info - Photoshop.exe, including the DLL you mentioned -

agm.dll, timestamp = 0x42400fac, translated = Tue Mar 22 12:29:32 2005

P7 shows the exception code 0xc0000005 (memory access violation), which tells me the 2005 DLL is likely attempting to access a memory address that it should not.

Recent Windows updates or updates to other 3rd party drivers/ apps are probably at odds with the 7+ year old Adobe drivers, which were written under XP SP2 guidelines, long before Windows 7 x64 SP1.

If the reinstall does not work, it is time to upgrade to a newer version of Adobe Photoshop.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks. I did reinstall PS2 last night and the program still shut down on me. I'll take your word that the translation of the time stamp was Mar 22 2005. :) Finally, I did a search on my hard drive and located where the agm.dll files were found and made a note of that. I have a back up Windows Vista computer. I installed PS2 on that computer, then made a hard drive search for the agm.dll files and compared locations. I found them in one place on the Windows 7 computer that weren't on the VISTA computer and that was in the Windows folder. I took a chance tonight and removed that file from the Windows folder. Right now Photoshop is working well on Windows 7--cross your fingers. The file I removed had a 11-02-12 date on it and that was about the time I started having problems. I believe an Adobe update may have caused the problem. Boy, don't I wish I could afford to upgrade my Photoshop program, but I only use it for a hobby, not a living. I hope what I described to you continues working and it may help someone else. Thanks for helping me.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi -

Nice find! I hope all works out.

I do understand the cost of post-CS2 products are expensive.

For info - hex timstamp conversions - https://sysnative.com/drivers/hextime.php

Good luck to you.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Closed Thread