Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Sleep Mode Doesn't Wake Up Properly...

This is a discussion on Sleep Mode Doesn't Wake Up Properly... within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, When I click the sleep button my computer seems to go into sleep mode successfully however when I

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS: OS X Yosemite | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Windows 10 x86

Mistake

Hi all,

When I click the sleep button my computer seems to go into sleep mode successfully however when I hit a keyboard key or wiggle the mouse to wake it the tower fans & motherboard lights switch on but there is no picture or sound from my monitor. I have to hit the reset button which does a dirty reboot before I can get back to the desktop.

I'm fed up of having to do a full shutdown/restart of my computer everytime I go away to do something!

Please find my computer details here: removed due to sensitive info.

If you need any other information, please ask.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi please do 2 things first remove the dropbox link (I will do that)as you have posted sensitive info ie serial number you can repost with that removed,the other is check your power settings

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Have you checked the bios settings to see if allowing usb is enabled to wake with mouse or keyboard?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying advice for new laptop please
I am looking to buy a new laptop for my programming major at university. Thus, it has to be a very robust machine, with adequate cooling, 1920x1080 resolution and easy maintenance (easy to add and remove SATA II hdds). Which brand should I get? Please help me decide from this list: ALTERNATE ...
12311 Laptop Support 13 10-22-2013 09:34 AM
Sleep Mode Issue
I've got a problem with a laptop's sleep mode. Here are the specs I know: Model: Toshiba Satellite OS: Windows Vista I can get more if needed, but it may not be necessary re: the problem. Problem: Scenario A: When plugged in... - Can close the lid and enter sleep mode.
billybobobjimjo Laptop Support 5 05-21-2013 08:09 PM
Wifi Driver Prevents My Laptop Pc From Going To Sleep Mode After Using Torrent Progr
I'm using Ralink RT5390R 802.11n WiFi Adapter and Windows 8, and after I use a torrent program like BT or utorrent (which works just fine) I am unable to put my computer to sleep. The screen turns black like it is about to go to sleep, but it keeps working really hard instead of going fully...
jpaul19 Driver Support 1 05-11-2013 06:29 AM
BSOD instantly after turning on from sleep mode
Hi guys, Recently purchased a refurbished PC (last week) and have come across my first BSODs. Sorry i don't know the code of the first BSOD but the second one is the following: BCCode: 1000007e BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000096 BCP2: FFFFF8800562914C BCP3: FFFFF8800335B3E8 BCP4: FFFFF8800335AC40 OS...
jamestt BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 22 06-20-2012 02:07 PM
Laptop (ASUS X58C) won't waken from sleep mode
Hi, I have a ASUS X58C laptop that won't waken from sleep mode. When I switch unit on the splash screen comes up and it looks like it is starting up normally, but then the screen goes blank. I still have a back light and the cursor is still visible, but when I touch the keyboard or mouse pad...
007juk Laptop Support 42 11-17-2011 03:51 AM