Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

[SCP] Virtual Audio Device Problem

This is a discussion on [SCP] Virtual Audio Device Problem within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Sorry if the SCP tag is confusing, I didn't want to cloud the thread title with Sound Control Panel. Anyways,

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

Sorry if the SCP tag is confusing, I didn't want to cloud the thread title with Sound Control Panel.

Anyways, here's what happened:
  1. Install Virtual Audio Cable 4.11, everything works fine
  2. Uninstall Virtual Audio Cable 4.11 (Possibly incorrectly), in order to install VAC 4.12
  3. Open Sound Control Panel
  4. Select Recording Devices Tab
  5. Select Listen Tab
  6. Check 'Listen to this device'
  7. Unable to click 'Apply' or 'Ok'
  8. As a test, if the settings in a Virtual Audio Cable Line x recording device stay as default, 'Apply' and 'Ok' are usable
Note: All other non-VAC playback/recording devices work just fine.

I've sent an email to the VAC developers but they're slow as molasses, so now I'm stuck trying to figure why between uninstalling VAC 4.11 and installing VAC 4.12 the SCP is being so finicky? VAC has been uninstalled and reinstalled the proper way multiple times, sound drivers have been updated, uninstalled, and reinstalled. I'm at a loss here for what could possibly be causing the SCP to do this.

The OS is Win7 and the onboard sound is Realtek (I can't find the exact model on the Asus website, but the Asus drivers are being used). If any further details are necessary I will be more than willing to provide them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battlefield 3: Can't move
Hi, In bf3 i can't move since a while, or can move with disabilities. The problem is, i walk for a while, sometimes 1 meter and sometimes 100, but then i'm pushed back a few meters to where i came from. This is very annoying and keeps my rank low. Can anybody solve this?
daaf97 PC Gaming Support 14 07-18-2012 11:58 AM
Persistent problem, only recently started
Hi guys! I'm having a problem with World of Warcraft. I log on, play for a few seconds/minutes and then the game freezes, the screen flickers, the desktop becomes visible for a second and then the game returns back to normal. I can then play for a random number of time before it happens again. ...
Raan91 PC Gaming Support 12 05-19-2012 09:11 AM
BSOD Help
Computer is giving bsod, i have attached a bsod zip file of the 3 bsod mini dumps. thanks Summary Operating System MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU
dunz BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 03-12-2012 07:03 PM
Problems with DirectDraw Acceleration and 3D
Hey guys, I was digging through my old games yesterday and decided id start playing Age of Empires 2 again however I couldn't get the graphics to display properly. I spent a few hours following solutions online and finally got it to work after installing an older version of Directx (9c) I also...
bobby3127 PC Gaming Support 3 10-13-2011 12:33 PM
Complete Crash While Gaming
Hello there TechSupport Forum! I need help. My PC keeps crashing (black screen, sometimes the sound continues normally, most of the time it won't) while playing games and I have no idea why. My specs: PSU: Corsair TX750W OS: Windows 7 Professional x64 CPU: Intel Core i7 920 RAM: Corsair...
Norumu PC Gaming Support 1 06-24-2011 11:43 PM