Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Restored to Factory default and says setting up for first time use then error pop up

This is a discussion on Restored to Factory default and says setting up for first time use then error pop up within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I had some rather nasty viruses on my computer that I couldn't seem to get rid of, so I decided

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

I had some rather nasty viruses on my computer that I couldn't seem to get rid of, so I decided to restore the computer to factory default. Well when the computer restarted, it said setting up computer for first time use. After a few seconds, a window pops up and reads "Windows Installation-The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation. Well evertime I click the ok button the computer restarts and the same error window pops up. It's like an unending loop. Please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Wipe the HDD completely with KillDisk, then use Windows 7 DVD to reinstall OS.

KillDisk - https://jcgriff2.com/0x1/killdisk_imgburn.html
Closed Thread