Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

[resolved]Vista Account Issues

This is a discussion on [resolved]Vista Account Issues within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've been trying to run Daemon Tools but Vista tells me to log on to local administrator account to run

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #1

I've been trying to run Daemon Tools but Vista tells me to log on to local administrator account to run the first time. The account I'm using is an Administrator, can someone please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Registered Member

if it opens as a window then try the following method which has worked for me in overriding vistas security headache

right click on file
click properties
click security
click advanced
click owner in top tabs
click edit
highlight the user you want and click apply/ok

This gives you full control of what you are wanting to do
Old 04-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #3

Thank you for responding, your method actually showed me that I can right click and run as administrator.

Again thank you for assisting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
Registered Member

You're welcome-i have gained immense knowledge from this site-it is an excellent source of help from some very helpful people
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
User account taken over by temp setting
First Post! I refer to your site often in my many repairs and sadly now it's my turn to ask. Kind of stumped on this one. Working on my brothers barebones HP tower, Win XP Home SP2, Firefoxed, ZoneAlarmed, AVG'd, nothing overclocked or over tweaked. A couple days ago the nephew was downloading a...
scout12 Windows XP Support 5 02-01-2009 07:20 PM
Set default email account for replies
I have two email accounts on my work computer - one for work and one personal. Each obviously have different signatures. My problem is that sometimes when I reply to a work email the default account used is my personal account. It happens about 50% of the time and appears to be completely...
GCarnegi Microsoft Office support 4 10-16-2006 12:38 AM
Limited account on the computer. There is no administrator account.
I am wondering how do I get a administrator account on this computer. There is only a limited account and I can't get rid of certain stuff for them. Even in safe mode there is no administrator account. Is there a registry key you could give me to get a administrator account on here and make it the...
willmon18 Windows XP Support 5 10-13-2006 06:55 AM
Printer/User Account issues
I'm running a computer that is attached to both a networked HP LaserJet 4100n and a local USB HP 2175 psc. Until recently, they both printed fine. A couple of weeks ago, however, the local printer stopped printing for the user account. As an administrator, I can print just fine, but when I try to...
battalon127 Printer Support 2 01-15-2006 07:17 PM
Windows XP Boots to Admin Account without Stopping at Login
Have 2 accounts on a PC running XP sp2 for home use; 1 is the admin account and the other is a regular user account. The PC boots directly to the password protected admin account's Window, bypassing the Windows welcome/login screen. As a result, there is now no password protection for the admin...
PMDonovan Windows XP Support 3 12-11-2005 06:38 PM