Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Regular BSOD's for different reasons

This is a discussion on Regular BSOD's for different reasons within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, Over the past few weeks my computer has been BSODing loads, the latest reason was 'A driver has overrun

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

Over the past few weeks my computer has been BSODing loads, the latest reason was 'A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer', but it seems to vary each time.

Most of the time (may be all of the time, can't remember) I am streaming some sort of video from the web.

I have my suspicions it may be due to the monitor I use, which is a 4:3 19 incher, and used to BSOD my laptop after using it as an additional screen for lengths of time...

I'm not sure what more information you guys need, but any help is much appreciated! I have attached a few dump files which I see were requested in other threads.

Regards

Edward
Attached Files
File Type: zip dumpinfo.zip (261.4 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Welcome eddhall

I have taken a quick look at your dump files and it could be a myriad of different things that is causing your issues, from a faulty keyboard, dodgy memory, bad drivers or to corrupted boot files.

I must direct you to please read through the instructions in this post, blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-8-windows-7-and-vista and make a post in the BSOD forum.

I would like to suggest some courses of action for you, but I will refrain and let the guys in the BSOD forum help you.

Good luck.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple BSODs - Win8 x64 - can't troubleshoot myself
Hi, I'm an engineering student and I'm trying hard to troubleshoot my BSODs problems born with the installation of Windows 8 x64 and/or of a new SSD. I see this forum is full of highly technical answers I liked and also good helpers so I chose to register for your help. Let's follow your...
cmatte BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 20 07-18-2013 08:18 AM
Continuous BSODs for weeks. SSD? PSU? Unsure what to do next
I've been dealing with continuous BSODs and crashes for roughly a month now and am starting to lose it. System worked fine prior to this for four years with no changes in hardware configuration. No overclocking done. I initially started receiving problems where my system would freeze up. During...
Mortagon BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 13 08-27-2012 10:15 AM
[SOLVED] Win 7 - frequent BSODs, please help!
Hello, I'm having for last week trouble with my about year old installation of Win7 (x64). Suddenly I get frequent BSODs, especially when I try to update existing software using Windows Installer, but get BSODs also during normal usage. Everything else seem good as that my Windows doesnot...
hchkrdtn BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 12 08-05-2012 03:15 AM
BSODs for different reasons
Hello, and thanks for your help in advance, I am often getting BSODs, every half hour or so, and all of them for different reasons, some say "ati3duag.dll" others say BAD POOL HEADER or KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR and many others. Hijackthis logfile attached, could be helpful. I'll continue...
Minomol Windows XP Support 3 04-25-2011 09:47 AM
Regular but random BSOD's in Win 7
Nothing has changed hardware wise. Only things new are Acronis True Image 2011 - which I have since removed. Outlook and Thunderbird (I use both) crash at the same time when they have been running together. I then get moments later BSOD. Full malware/virus scan with Kaspersky 2011,...
StooBloo BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 04-07-2011 04:36 PM