Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

random USB disconnect/reconnect sounds

This is a discussion on random USB disconnect/reconnect sounds within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I had a power outage last night and after turning on my PC I noticed that I had a remove

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

I had a power outage last night and after turning on my PC I noticed that I had a remove hardware safely icon on my toolbar that wasnt there prior. It contains only my hard drives in the menu. Also, there was a very annoying USB disconnect sound then quickly a USB reconnect sound. This happens at random intervals of time and I dont have to be doing anything for them to happen. Ive downloaded the USBview and it did not detect any USB devices disconnecting or reconnecting. ive also disconnected all my USB devices from the computer and the sounds still occur. Ive noticed that when it occurs my PC lags. My device manager page is also refreshing every time the sounds occur. This is the most annoying problem I have ever had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

If you have a Vista disc, boot off of that and choose your Language and then choose Repair Your Computer.
If you don't have a disc, go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, did the power outage happen when your computer was on? Very important, that the first thing you do is remove the mains leave it disconnected for at least 30mins, then start the computer in safe mode and select "Last known good"

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CPUTIN Extremely High please help
https://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Wabisuke_42/****.jpg it shows my cpu temp locked at 99c on speed test. Why am i getting such a high read on that and such good core temps D: any help is apperciated
Necta42 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 9 09-06-2012 01:57 PM
BSOD Help
Computer is giving bsod, i have attached a bsod zip file of the 3 bsod mini dumps. thanks Summary Operating System MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU
dunz BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 03-12-2012 07:03 PM
Random background sounds ads
My computer keeps running random noise in background, sometimes ads, Sometimes its fake news like the onion. I'm also having problems with google redirecting me. I've seen other posts on here with the same problem but this all seems over my head. Please help. Thanks Sorry I didn't realize I was...
heydave76 Resolved HJT Threads 28 05-25-2011 06:41 PM
Random ad sounds, google redirected, browsers encounter a problem and need to close .
UGHHHHHHHH THIS IS SOOO ANNOYING :/ PLEASE HELP ME GUYS ~ so.. one day my computer said my C:/ drive is damaged or whatever and it told me to restart and i did ... and then this thing (Windows Repair) popped up and i knew it was fake so i tried to close it but i couldnt .. and task manager wouldnt...
apple2875 Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 04-23-2011 05:58 AM
Random sounds and search browser doesn't work correctly
I had the fake antivirus show up on my computer which I thought I removed but in just the past 4 days I have been having random commercials and radio stations it sounds like on my computer when I'm not even doing anything. There are scripts that come up on my computer and my browser doesn't work...
abigail148 Windows XP Support 1 04-10-2011 07:12 PM