Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Problems with Windows 7 computer

This is a discussion on Problems with Windows 7 computer within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am a person looking for help with a corrupt computer, This computer is so violated with corruption it is

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am a person looking for help with a corrupt computer, This computer is so violated with corruption it is not funny:
I have dual 2 quad processor 2.40mgz with 6gb of ram a ati Vid card with 1gb of ram on board the card
running win 7 pro , about one & half weeks a go I did something and do not know what but my system went south on me , my photo processing system said it had all my photos but with out Metadata at all ,
I use lightroom 3.5 just loaded 3.6 on board.
I have two external drive's one is J-Drive the other is O-Drive which at this time I have disconnected them
J-drive was where I kept all my photo files and O-Drive was my Backup drive . J=500gb O=1tb on the computer I have 1.5 tb of hard drives, I a word best used here it a Mess. need to recover those files before doing anything else.

A Forum member has been helping me to her best but this has gone over her head, suggested I join here for better help. also look to d/l this reading material:
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...elp-305963.htm.
ask you question's I have a lot of screen shots of what has been happening
thank you for any all help on this matter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

I've moved this to a more appropriate forum. If you need malware help, check the malware removal post for instructions.

As far as the external drives go, they should be fine regardless of the state of the computer. Is the O: drive backing up the computer and the J: drive?

Other than the software issue you've described, what other symptoms are you seeing?

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPC View Post
I've moved this to a more appropriate forum. If you need malware help, check the malware removal post for instructions.

As far as the external drives go, they should be fine regardless of the state of the computer. Is the O: drive backing up the computer and the J: drive?

Other than the software issue you've described, what other symptoms are you seeing?
at first it was suppose to only back up J-Drive but I did something wrong and then it backed up C- J- O- drives together !

thanks to member I ran it via another web site she did her best to help thru a lot of this:
It started when my antivirus software flashed me and said unsecured in big red letters, since I had avast with call help I called them and was helped by the person answering the phone that he be allowed to connect with my computer which I allowed as he goes about doing thing he says my computer black box is a mess and then tries to sell me a long term service for 169.900 a year at which I got P.O.'ed and disconnected him and me when you pay for a software your suppose to get not more Bull: But during the conversation he said I had to avast running? reg and paid:

So I went off on a tangent I dumped avast and a lot of other stuff and got other stuff to hopefully correct what even was doing its thing to screw up Lightroom files and anything else that was happening
I looked for on a couple of Photo site, But got from a member of this forum and we proceeded to chase what was happening but do to my lack of software stuff it was long and grueling we tried to defrag in DOS was told I need admin clearance so we went about other things . the last thing I ran was avast from boot up it ran for quite a while and was told I had decompression bombs ? and other corrupted files

Ran DOS to locate files to see if they are still there, load CCleaner and reloaded avast and reloaded ltrm 3.6 also loaded malwarebytes to computer have run all of them but in the end told to come here for more qualified help :
I have down loaded your Virus/Trojan/spyware removal
software but have not run it yet:

When it comes to written communication I lack a lot
I can only hope I covered the bases for you:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	defrag-1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	102044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Defrag no go-1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	102045  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
Registered Member

Update I do have Hijack-this running on computer but it has a problem of finding the host ?
Closed Thread