Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Problems with copy and paste

This is a discussion on Problems with copy and paste within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I hope somebody can help or perhaps somebody is having a similar problem? I am severely dyslexic so use

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi I hope somebody can help or perhaps somebody is having a similar problem? I am severely dyslexic so use text to speech software to read the text from screen, it somehow uses a copy and paste function to work. I know this because you click paste and it pastes the text you just used it on, I hope you follow… It often works first time but sometimes it's on the 40th or 50th attempt. The same problem if you're just copy and pasting normally. You can probably tell by the way I'm talking I don't know a lot about computers, so reinstalling Windows would be last resort. I would be very grateful for any help or advice, or maybe just recommend some voice recognition software that doesn't use the copy and paste function but as Hot keys. Thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

You didn't mention what software you are using. If we knew what it was we might be able to help. Have you tired Dragon Naturally Speaking? : Dragon - Dragon NaturallySpeaking - Nuance
If you need to copy and paste use the hotkeys. to copy press CTRL+C to paste use CTRL+V
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS Excel 2007: when I copy & paste, paste grayed out 1st time
then I have to go back to the cell and copy again - then I'm able to paste ok the 2nd time. Its become quite annoying. I looked on the internet for a fix but none of them match. Appreciate any help. Dee HP Desktop - 6GB RAM - 64 bit - Windows 8 - Mozilla Firefox - Yahoo Homepage - Windows...
sam94 Microsoft Office support 36 12-04-2013 03:45 AM
Copy and Paste issues
We have several machines that are having issues with copy and paste functions. It seems like they are mostly in Word. What is happening is that someone will copy some text and then go to paste it. Sometimes it pastes that piece of text and sometimes it pastes something that was from 3 or 4...
littlewing1977 Microsoft Office support 3 12-31-2011 10:38 AM
Copy and paste macro in Excel
Hi. Newbie here so please go easy. I have an excel spreadsheet with some INDIVIDUAL cells I need to copy and paste anywhere on the spreadsheet and need a macro to do it. Can anyone help? Its for classroom assignment. So for example. Cell B1 is clicked on once and this initiates the copy of the...
madgolfaddict Microsoft Office support 2 12-06-2011 12:23 PM
Excel 2007 Macro Copy & Paste Assistance
I have a macro that takes data from particular cells and copies and paste the information to a designated place on my worksheet. My problem is that it is taking all of the information (i.e. B181:G63298) instead of just from a selected range of cells (i.e. B181:G52179). What I would like for this...
ShockleyFan Microsoft Office support 0 08-24-2011 02:40 PM
[SOLVED] Cant Copy and Paste
Hey People, I am having an annoying issue. I cant copy and paste. In any programs, be it Word, Notepad or Firefox etc. If reboot i can copy and paste for a while then it stops again. I have reformatted the PC and i am still having the same problem. I think it would be a memory issue. though i am...
maverickJ Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 26 08-03-2011 11:20 PM