Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Problem installing windows 7, restart loop

This is a discussion on Problem installing windows 7, restart loop within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey everyone, I was trying to reinstall windows 7 on laptop using a dvd. Everything seems to go smoothly until

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey everyone, I was trying to reinstall windows 7 on laptop using a dvd. Everything seems to go smoothly until the very end. I put in my name, time settings etc. After it restarts, it says "windows is loading files", it goes to the windows start screen and then it restarts. It keeps doing this in an infinite loop. Do you guys have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hello and welcome to TSF!! What reason for reinstalling Windows 7? Any issues with the computer to make you want to reinstall or did you have Windows 8 installed?

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 05-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply :) I have had windows 7 for about 4 years now and it was kinda starting to get slow so i just wanted to start fresh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

How did you go about reinstalling Windows 7? Through a OEM Recovery disk or using the built in Recovery system (partition).
Please post the make and model of your machine. If it is a custom build please post the

CPU
RAM
GPU
Motherboard
HDD
PSU wattage and brand

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Old 05-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

I used the the built in recovery system. I even tried clearing the hard disk and repartitioning it but still didn't change anything. It's an ASUS X72D
Old 05-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Clearing the HDD? Repartition? Did you use any HDD wiping erasing tools?

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Old 05-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
Registered Member

Nope, just tried it during the installation when it asks me to choose where to install windows
Old 05-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

One more question. When the installation asked you where to install Windows 7 on which partition did you choose by type and size? Also did you select to delete each partition then reformat? Try installing Windows again When it gets to the Partition screen where there is a list of Partitions take a clear picture of your screen and post it here.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Closed Thread