Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

printer and computer do not communicate

This is a discussion on printer and computer do not communicate within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Lexmark X4650 wireless 3-in-1 printer and my computer do not communicate. I can print anything from the internet but

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

My Lexmark X4650 wireless 3-in-1 printer and my computer do not communicate. I can print anything from the internet but it will not print my pictures or from a saved file. I keep getting the message that there is no communication between computer and printer. have talked to Lexmark 2 times about it but it did not help. thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Are you accessing the printer wirelessly or is it plugged in by USB?
Have you tried installing the Universal Print Driver?
If wirelessly, have you turned off the Windows or any other 3rd party Firewalls?
Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

The printer is plugged in with a USB. I'm not wireless. will try the universal print driver and see what happens. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
Registered Member

My printer still will not print after installing the Universal Print Driver. Still getting the No communication with the computer message. Any more suggestions? Thanks.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl right click the appwiz.cpl icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Add Remove Programs, uninstall all Lexmark software for printer and scanner. Now go to Start/Devices and Printers, if your Printer is still listed Right click and Delete it. Now go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt.msc icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Device Manager If there is a setting for Imaging Device and Lexmark is listed right click it and Uninstall it. Now open up Universal Serial Bus Controllers. If there is a listing for USB Printing Support right click it and Uninstall it. Now remove the USB cable from the computer end and restart the computer. When the computer starts up, reinstall the driver for the printer from the CD or if you downloaded the driver suite from the Lexmark site. During the install it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable for the printer. Plug the cable into the Back USB port not through the front or through a hub as these ports are weaker.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thanks Spunk.Funk. I tried your solution but my printer still will not print my emails or pictures. Prints anything from internet but nothing else. any other suggestions? thanks.
Closed Thread