Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

People can hear what I hear, but not my voice.

This is a discussion on People can hear what I hear, but not my voice. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, I have a problem that has driven me over the edge time and time again in ages past.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there, I have a problem that has driven me over the edge time and time again in ages past. I have a microphone headset, and when I try to speak, it doesn't pick up my voice at all. However, when I listen to music or a video, my friends can hear that in full through my headset. I have never been able to find any solution for this online. The issue just seems to come and go whenever it feels like it. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

We'd love to help. So help us too.
What is the make and model# of the headset?
Does the Headset use a USB Connection or does it use mini Pink and Green TRS plugs?
Did you try going to the manufacturers Support/Download drivers site and download the latest Driver?
Do you have an Audio Control Panel in your Taskbar by the clock and the speaker icon? Have you gone to the Audio Control Panel and Configured the Mic and adjusted the Volume?
Try this, go to Control Panel/Sound Highlight Microphone, click the Configure button. Go thru the steps to Setup your Microphone.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hey there Spunk.funk. As you can see, I'm up and running again at least. But one thing inevitably leads to another it seems.
I have a HyperX cloud headset. It says on it "KHX-H3CLW"
It uses the pink and green TRS plugs.
Couldn't find any drivers on their website. Don't use any as far as I know.
I swear there has been nothing I haven't tried with the audio in the control panel. I have gotten this issue on and off since 2012 and have probably spent days in the control panel/realtek audio manager in total. Any threads I find related to this issue either dead end or don't solve my issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2017, 02:01 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Did you contact their support? Customer Support - Knowledge Base | HyperX
Old 07-28-2017, 02:59 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hi there :]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps2346 View Post
However, when I listen to music or a video, my friends can hear that in full through my headset.
Are you positively sure they hear it through your headset?
Like, do they not hear it any more if you keep it playing but unplug your headset (or obstruct its microphone)?

If they keep hearing it just as well even when you do so, then you probably just have the wrong channel selected in the recording peripherals, under Control Panel > Sound. Or in the software you use to communicate with them, if itself allows to select an audio stream.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:33 PM   #6
Registered Member

Yo, my headset started randomly working again as it should. False alarm. Thanks for looking out, guys.
Closed Thread