User Tag List

pc auto restart

This is a discussion on pc auto restart within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, my pc that I bought a year ago started auto restarting yesterday and I can't stop it. It restarted

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, my pc that I bought a year ago started auto restarting yesterday and I can't stop it. It restarted when in windows, then I tried safe mode but it restarted in safe mode after a while.... I tried to see if I can set anything in the bios but it restarted in bios before I can do anything. I check my cooling fan and it works find. Now my pc restart right after it shows the brand name, before it even load dos. I really do not know what to do and really hope someone can help me. My pc specs is the ultimax in the attached catalogue with icore 7-870 and a 8g ram. Please help!! Thanks!!

Pluto Technology Desktop PCs Viper Optimax Ultimax Xtreme PC SHOW 2010 Price List Brochure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

If it restarts also during when in BIOS this could be a voltage issue from the PSU.

Wait for the others to read this and see if they agree I am not a voltage expert so lets see if there is other opinions from others.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Be sure the inside is clear of dust and all fans are blown out with a can of compressed air. A computer restating means that the computer is overheating or that the Power Supply Unit is failing. If it is restarting in the Bios, I would thing the PSU is the culprit.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer won't boot past bars, without F8 - Disable Auto Restart
Hi - I've been given this laptop, to fix from a friend and I successfully removed the W32.Blaster worm which was a real pickle. However, the only way to boot is to hit F8 and disable auto restart each time. Heres the thing, the tickbox 'Automatically Restart' under Control Panel - System -...
JonBastyan Windows XP Support 3 09-12-2011 03:53 AM
PC gets restart anytime even from BIOS screen
Hi, I am having Intel D945GCNL with Dual core processor. I purchased it 4yrs back. It is working fine but, sometime it gives problem like it gets restart anytime without any warning. It gets restart after getting into windows or it gets restart as soon as the BIOS screen is displayed. If it gets...
mohammad.sham BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 09-05-2011 01:53 AM
A few Questions
Hey guys I have a few more questions, I have been slowly working on my site and looking for stuff to do it like the software to set up a social site kinda like fb or myspace. well any ways I also wanted to set up a message board for the site for people to get help or talk about stuff, for now it...
Dblanchard1278 Web Design & Development 27 07-25-2011 02:47 AM
Computer Virus/Trojan Problems
Amateur. First may I thank you for responding to my request for help. I have compiled the following List of Problems that I am aware of on my computer. Windows is being stopped from updating. Trend Micro is being stopped from updating.
Jack Willday Inactive Malware Help Topics 65 07-13-2011 01:57 AM