Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

ODBC License Unhanded Error

This is a discussion on ODBC License Unhanded Error within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The computer I am having an issue with is running Windows 7 32bit. It is up to date. When trying

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

The computer I am having an issue with is running Windows 7 32bit. It is up to date. When trying to turn queries in Excel 2010 it gets an ODBC License Unhanded Error. The same file works in Excel 2000. I will attach the screen shots of the errors. Other testing I have done is put excel 2010 on an XP computer, and it worked there. I put it on another windows 7 computer that has a fresh install, and it still doesn't work.

Not sure where to look now or what is going on with these errors searched online and couldn't find anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	excel 1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	463.7 KB
ID:	109342   Click image for larger version

Name:	excel 2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	109343  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Registered Member

When you installed the driver, did you remember to right-click and "Run As Administrator" to elevate your privileges?

Windows 7 uses the UAC (User Access Control) and user applications, including the Windows Shell, are then started with a restricted token, resulting in a reduced privilege environment even under an Administrator account. When an application requests higher privileges or "Run as administrator" is clicked, UAC will prompt for confirmation and, if consent is given, start the process using the unrestricted token.[5]

Running with restricted tokens can result in the registry not being properly updated during installation.

You might even try running Excel "As Administrator" and see if that works.

If it does, you probably need to re-install your driver.
Closed Thread