Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Not remembering usernames on certain sites

This is a discussion on Not remembering usernames on certain sites within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I know most think it's terrible, but I love how IE has my username all filled in to sites even

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

I know most think it's terrible, but I love how IE has my username all filled in to sites even when I'm not logged in (but about to). Banks, shipping companies, even facebook. WHen I go to these pages, my username is filled in, and just the password field is blank.

But I must have edited some settings previously, because now SOME of these sites arent showing my username. On my other computers/laptop it still shows, but not on this one anymore.

How can I get that back? I use IE8 if it matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi in ie go to tools internet options content auto compltete settings and check the settings there

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE 7 'Trused Sites'
Hello, Apologies if this has been covered before, but I'm new to this forum and looking for help. We have a client application that inserts 2 URL's into the 'Trusted Sites' tab of IE. On some PC's, when logging into the application, IE has 'Internet' on the bottom right instead of 'Trusted...
fin5769 Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 1 03-09-2011 09:26 AM
Google search result redirect to ads sites
Hi, I'm experiencing a similar problem to other users on this forum. When searching on Google, the result links sometime brings me to ads sites instead of the real sites. I tried to remove the malware with the free versions of AVG, Malwarebytes, SpybotSD, SUPERAntiSpyware and avast but without...
rogersaloon Resolved HJT Threads 13 02-05-2011 07:04 PM
Can't access certain sites
I'm unable to access some sites and frankly i have no idea why. One of the sites in question is: ProxyFire Basically i checked one day and i got an unable to connect message from Firefox. I assumed it was down and left it. A week later i tried again, same error message. I decided to check: Down...
alexalex246 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 13 02-03-2011 09:03 AM
Web 2.0 sites don't function well with parental control programs
A survey by the European Commission has found that parental control programs aimed at keeping children safe online do not function well with Web 2.0 sites, smartphones or games consoles. Although 84 percent of the software programs tested worked well with traditional home computers, they...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 01-14-2011 01:30 PM