Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

New raptor/windows 7 installation issue :(

This is a discussion on New raptor/windows 7 installation issue :( within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, im really hoping you can help because none of the tech's in my town are even trying to,

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all, im really hoping you can help because none of the tech's in my town are even trying to, since windows 7 is so new i guess. I bought a velociraptor 150g harddrive off ebay, and tried to hook it up yesterday with a new full copy of windows 7.

My system specs atm are: Corsair 1000 watt psu, 4 gigs of corsair ram, an asus p5q deluxe motherboard, E8500 cpu and a 4870 video card.

Now, originally what was happening was i would install it, it would go through all 5 of the check marks, restart itself.. then bring up an error (something along the lines of x8005057) and say i needed to run windows repair.. well when i did that windows repair said it was unable to automatically fix the problem. Then i removed one of my video cards because i had them in crossfire, and the installation made it a bit further, it got passed updating registry and to "setup is now installing starting services" (or something) but then it just hangs there... indefinatly.

Also, like i said this is a new HDD off ebay and it didnt come with any discs or cords (im using the cords from my seagate barracuda that crapped out), would that be a problem? After my motherboard posts a message flickers really fast in the top left of my screen that says something like "Looking for storage device... No hard disk found!" which doesnt make sense because it shows that i have a 150g HDD hooked up when i have to choose a partition

Im pullin my hair out here so im hoping someone here has experienced or heared of this problem before :( i contacted the ebay seller in case it is a faulty harddrive but he insists that hes never had a raptor arive dead unelss mishandled (which is doesnt appear to be).

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread