Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

New laptop turns off when unplugged.

This is a discussion on New laptop turns off when unplugged. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Less than a year ago I got a new HP G60 120-us notebook and I've experienced a lot of problems

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #1

Less than a year ago I got a new HP G60 120-us notebook and I've experienced a lot of problems with it. At one point I even had to reset the hard drive because it was running too slow.

First off, I've been having problems with overheating. I believe this is due to the lithium batter, but the buttom of my laptop gets exremely hot. I mean, it gets so hot that it burns my finger when i feel it. Its not like I have it on a rug or carpet, this is on a wooden desk that is completely flat. Normally this wouldn't be too much of a problem for me, but I can tell that the performance drops down when it gets so hot. I have to put something underneath my laptop to keep it ventilated just to keep it from getting so hot.

Thats not the only problem. Recently, it started powering off whenever it gets unplugged. Even for just a few moments like when I want to move to a different part of the house. It's not like I'm shaking it or anything, on the contrary, I keep it as still as possible when I'm carrying it. Yes the battery is full, I'm not that dumb. But even with the battery full, it will turn off without warning usually within a minute, sometimes even in 5 seconds.

Are these common problems with this model? Should I send it in to be repaired?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
Registered Member

sounds like you should replace the battery. it should not get so hot it burns you .and its not holding a charge.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

https://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
this may help with your heating problem, (you will have to decide)

if its still under warranty I would send it back. (could be a lengthy process)

**edit** if you decide to use speedfan. dont use the big red download button. use the little blue speedfan 4.39 link

good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #4

I chatted with an hp assistant and found out it was my battery causing the problem. They're sending me a new one for free . HP is so awesome
Closed Thread