Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

My left click is on autopilot!

This is a discussion on My left click is on autopilot! within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Have HP desktop with Windows 7---recently for no reason as I am moving my cursor around- as I pass over

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Have HP desktop with Windows 7---recently for no reason as I am moving my cursor around- as I pass over say a minimize button or a cancel button etc, it will perform that act even though I did not press the left side of mouse to select that feature---it simply does it. Another example---if I move the cursor over something in my bookmark it will open it into a separate window--again without physically selecting that program. Other times it will act as though it wants to copy and paste text without any physical left click movement. I have Norton Internet Security and have run it without finding anything. It's probably something simple but I can't figure it out and it's very frustrating. Again, it seems to start acting this way for no reason---will work fine one minute--then the next it will do what I've described. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

It could be a defective mouse, have you got a spare mouse to try that and see if the problem persists?

Regards,
George

Old 03-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1, Windows 7 SP1 x64 & x86

My System

Hi, Welcome to TSF.

Open the Control panel and select Ease of Access Center.
Go down to and select "Make Mouse easier to use".
make sure the box marked "Activate a Window by hovering over it with the mouse" is unchecked.
Closed Thread