Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

My keyboard will not change from French Canadian to US.

This is a discussion on My keyboard will not change from French Canadian to US. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I can not change my keyboard from French Canadian to US. I tried the usual things; pressing CTRL+ALT and using

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

I can not change my keyboard from French Canadian to US. I tried the usual things; pressing CTRL+ALT and using the keyboard icon on the taskbar, and even though it says it is on the US keyboard, it is still French Canadian. Then I removed my other keyboard options from the control panel so it says I only have the US keyboard available, but it is still French Canadian. I have no idea where the apostrophe is on this keyboard, and it is driving me crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
Troubled

Uh, how about moving to Canada, and learning to speak French?

Try to run a System Restore to a time prior to when the problem started happening.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You cannot change the Default Language for Windows, If you have a French Canadian version of Windows, that's what the default language will be. You can Add a different input Language here is a video showing you how. Add or change an input language
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thank you, spunk.funk. That link helped.

But I thought my default language was English. The US keyboard has always been the default, but I would accidentally change it to French Canadian by inadvertantly pressing CTRL+ALT.

And I live in Canada already.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You can change the hot keys that toggle between keyboards by going to Control Panel/Regions and Languages/Keyboards and Languages tab/Change Keyboards/Advanced Key Settings/Change Key Sequence
Closed Thread