User Tag List

my dilemma

This is a discussion on my dilemma within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I purchase a laptop from Dell. I asked specifically for windows 7. I got the laptop and it had windows

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

I purchase a laptop from Dell. I asked specifically for windows 7. I got the laptop and it had windows 8 installed already. i view the windows 8 thru ten to be nothing more than a glorified case of Vista. I need to remove the windows 8 from my laptop. people have told me I have to go to Dell and get windows 7 drivers. I have a original equipment disc for windows 7 I contacted Dell and they are not ready to send me windows drivers. can you offer me some assistance I don't like or understand windows8
my email is email removed
best regards Carl Stewart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

Carl I have removed your email you will just get spammed by bots otherwise.

You can get drivers from the dell website you just put in your service tag number and it will show you the drivers available.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:26 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

If you have something against Windows 8 try installing the free app Classicshell. This give Windows 8 and 10 the look and feel of Windows 7.
If you really want to install Windows 7, we don't recommend it. Then you will need a Windows 7 disc. As GreenBruceLee suggested, after installing 7 go to the Device Manager, if there are any yellow flags you need drivers. Go to the Dell Drivers site Support | Dell US Here type in your service tag # or browse the products to choose your model. Choose Windows 7 as your OS and download whatever drivers you need for your model.
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015, 04:33 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you tried upgrading to Windows 8.1 then downloading and installing ClassicShell? It basically will be Windows 7 that way.

Why not upgrade to Windows 10 instead of going backwards?
Old 08-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

By upgrading to 10 you'll get Support updates much longer (maybe forever). Mainstream support ended for Windows 7 in Jan. of this year. All support for 7 ends January 14, 2020.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread