Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

MS Office 2003 on Vista user license

This is a discussion on MS Office 2003 on Vista user license within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Installed MS Office 2003 on vista home premium and every time I start one of the programs such as Word,

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:06 PM   #1

Confused

Installed MS Office 2003 on vista home premium and every time I start one of the programs such as Word, the user license pops up and asks to be accepted. I read that one can go to the folder and start Word with a right click and administrator rights but I can not find Word, Access, Outlook, or any of the other office programs only the shortcut.

Any one have a suggestion or a different solution?

Also removed office 2007 student trial version. Laptop also came with works software. I also have not registered Vista as I can not find where to register it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2008, 02:44 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

which verison of office 2003, upgrade cd, full retail version, pro, student/teacher, burn copy cd.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:06 AM   #3
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, this is a known issue couple of things you can do read this:-
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202

Old 10-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamar6 View Post
Installed MS Office 2003 on vista home premium and every time I start one of the programs such as Word, the user license pops up and asks to be accepted. I read that one can go to the folder and start Word with a right click and administrator rights but I can not find Word, Access, Outlook, or any of the other office programs only the shortcut.

Any one have a suggestion or a different solution?

Also removed office 2007 student trial version. Laptop also came with works software. I also have not registered Vista as I can not find where to register it.
I used my OEM MS Office Professinal edition 2003 with business contact manager. I also downloaded all of the updates I could find. One was for dot net 1.1 and one was for 2003 msoffice. I installed the contact manager but on startup it attempted to make a new database and crashed. I was unable to run outlook after that. I then uninstalled contact manager and was finally able to run outlook. I have owned this version of MS office for two years and have never been able to make the contact manager work.

Your help would be appreciated.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenae View Post
Hi, this is a known issue couple of things you can do read this:-
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202
Thanks for the link. I tried ms search for the same heading and found nothing. When I right click on the start as listed i do not have an option for run as administrator. I have administrator rights but I guess Vista does not like me. I finally got rid of that pop up that keeps asking if I want to run the program. What an idiots delight.

I have searched for word.exe but I can not find it anywhere on the computer. Vista masks the program somehow and the only reference is the short cut. Do you know where word.exe and excell.exe is hidden and why I can not find it?

I will try the registry changes.

thanks

Lee
Old 10-20-2008, 03:35 AM   #6
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, just relax here for a moment, if you are the only user of your computer then chances are you will already be administrator. So go back and carefully read the MS link I provided. You do not need to worry about "word.exe" it is winword.exe BTW. This is a permissions problem if you have a word.exe shortcut on your machine right click it and "delete".