Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

This is a discussion on Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm on a fresh reformat, not a pre-built computer its a custom built with Windows 7 64bit professional. Just a

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 03:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm on a fresh reformat, not a pre-built computer its a custom built with Windows 7 64bit professional. Just a quick question I went ahead and installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable X86 and X64 and by looking at my "uninstall or change a program" area I have 3 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables listed there, I'm assuming by accident Windows updates installed over one for a different version. I'm assuming the regular Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable is the X86? because the other two say X64. Now, should I leave it alone or can I go ahead and remove the older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable? Which of those two X64 versions is older? and can remove.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C++ Errpr.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	163457  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Bump.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

Interesting one that; I recently installed a program which would not start owing to a "Side-by-side installation" error. I had to download the 2008 version of Visual C++ before the program would run, so it may not be as straightforward as kicking one version into the long grass - I don't suppose it would do any harm to keep it, they don't take up much disc space.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UKASH Command prompt Virus help
Hi, I managed to get rid of the original Ukash (cheshire police) virus last year from my computer with help from spyhunter and spybot search and destroy, unfortunately I have encountered a similar virus, this time every safe mode that I log into it gives me a black screen with no toolbars or menus...
DrakeRx Resolved HJT Threads 45 06-08-2013 08:24 AM
Bing Search Results Redirect
I started encountering redirects from Bing search results. This does not occur very time, but about 50% of the time. Then I've started experiencing various svchost consuming all CPU after about 10 minutes of a reboot causing everything to freeze up. The PC also reboots every so often for no...
John Douglas Resolved HJT Threads 32 06-03-2013 11:16 PM
Possible Virus on Windows 7
Hello, I am pretty sure I have a virus, but my antivirus programs have been unsuccessful in finding it. I ran a lot of different things at one point (Norton Antivirus, ESOD, rkill, etc.). I am really not computer savy at all, so I can not give any more information on that front. The problem I...
jr123 Resolved HJT Threads 80 05-24-2013 04:58 AM
Virus/Corrupt files invoking BSOD, tried reformat/etc
I'll describe my story as simply as possible. 1) I downloaded what I thought was a patch for MS Office 2010 from a "cracking" website. I'm aware that this is wrong, I needed MS Office as a student and my new (infected) computer only came with a trial - anyways I'm not going to try to justify it,...
dfro87 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 14 04-13-2011 09:04 PM
Safemode reverts all changes after reboot
I was told to post here to make sure my system was clean before they would help with my BSOD. I'm really more interested in why my Safemode is acting the way it is. Here is my original post, and I have also attached the files requested of the board: Also when running Gmer I had to uncheck...
Modfiy_inc Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 58 03-09-2011 08:53 PM