Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Mapping Network drive shows no subfolders

This is a discussion on Mapping Network drive shows no subfolders within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello together, I am new here and I have a problem i canīt solve. I can not map a network

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello together,

I am new here and I have a problem i canīt solve.
I can not map a network drive Subfolder of a share directly eg: \\50.60.70.80\Subfolder but I can map \\50.60.70.80.
If i map the \\50.60.70.80, i cannot see any subfoldes which are there and can not access them by typing the path into Win Explorer. I only got an error message that I have no permisson to access the path.

But about 150 other clients using the same credentials can access the share from around the world. Only a couple of clients cannot access this.

Please, have anybody any Idea to solve this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Is this share on a Domain? or a Peer to Peer network? If you login to a Domain, and you are a Domain Administrator, then make sure that you are part of a Group that has permission to access the shared folder. If Peer to Peer, Login as an Administrator Check the permissions on the Shared Folder.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:13 AM   #3
Registered Member

This is a domain Network and the permission to access is granted.
We connect with the same credentials (it is a Pool-User) with nearby 300 other devices successful to the share with writing rights.

Changing the group policies had not solved the problem.
In the "failure-cases" the share request that i have no permisson. But this is definitly not possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

If you are the Domain Admin, login to Active Directory and check your account and what Groups you belong to as opposed to the Groups that other Domain users are in. You may be part of a Group that does not have rights to access this folder, and that will override your permissions for any other group you belong to that Can access the share.
Closed Thread