User Tag List

Login Problem

This is a discussion on Login Problem within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am trying to log into one of the sites I go to in this new Windows 7 Ultra

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I am trying to log into one of the sites I go to in this new Windows 7 Ultra and everytime I try and log in, I get the message "invalid credintials" no matter what I do. I am using Internet Explorer 9 and I had the website reset the password, no change. This the only place that I am unable to log in and they've trying to help me out with checking different settings and all, but so far everything I do has the same result. This was not a problem when I was using Windows XP and the new system I got last weekend had Windows 7 Ultra, I have Norton Internet Security 2013 which has been on both pcs for some time now. Any ideas? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

None of the software running on your PC should affect account access when logging into a website.

Do you have another PC that you can try it on?
Have you tried clearing cookies and browser cache?
Have you tried another web browser?
Are you sure you're entering the information correctly?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, as JMPC indicates, sounds like a cookie problem, if you cannot connect after following his advice, try turning off your router and leave it off (from the mains) , do the same for your computer and leave it off. Now restart the router and wait until all led lights are on and then start your computer. Try the site now.

If this fails a little known area may be at play. Go to start search and type:- cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt copy paste:-

Code:
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
press enter. No need to restart netsh cmds take straight away. Try site now.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPC View Post
None of the software running on your PC should affect account access when logging into a website.

Do you have another PC that you can try it on?
Have you tried clearing cookies and browser cache?
Have you tried another web browser?
Are you sure you're entering the information correctly?
Yes, done all that and checked to make sure I am entering correctly. I think the same thing that it is on their end given it is the only site that I cannot get into at this time. It worked fine with my Windows XP and this system I just got this past weekend and that's why I was wondering if it was something with this new Windows 7. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenae View Post
Hi, as JMPC indicates, sounds like a cookie problem, if you cannot connect after following his advice, try turning off your router and leave it off (from the mains) , do the same for your computer and leave it off. Now restart the router and wait until all led lights are on and then start your computer. Try the site now.

If this fails a little known area may be at play. Go to start search and type:- cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt copy paste:-

Code:
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
press enter. No need to restart netsh cmds take straight away. Try site now.
I can't get to what you are saying, I go to search and type in cmd and I don't get the cmd.exe. I am not doing something right, I'm not used this Windows 7 and it can get a bit confusing to say the least. Thanks for the help though.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, the little search bar just above the start ORB type it in there.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi, the little search bar just above the start ORB type it in there.
Hi, thanks, I finally got what you were saying and did just what was said to do and still the same thing. Still says "invalid credentials" try again. Totally weird and I'm no computer genius by no means but I am always willing to learn and so far the sites web person hasn't be able figure it out either.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
- Microsoft Support

Hi, create a new user account and log on with that.

Create a user account
Old 12-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi-

Since you got the new computer have you tried it on a separate pc? As we need to determine if this is a problem with the website or with your computer/router (maybe ISP??).

Regards,

Mark
Old 12-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi, create a new user account and log on with that.

Create a user account
I thought of that but as soon as it sees the email address, it says there is already an account tied to the address. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i MaRk i View Post
Hi-

Since you got the new computer have you tried it on a separate pc? As we need to determine if this is a problem with the website or with your computer/router (maybe ISP??).

Regards,

Mark
Yes, I tried my luck on my computer at work and I got the same response, my computer at work also has Windows 7 Prof on it. I am of the opinion that has to be on their end since it will not work on either computer. Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi-

That seems to settle it then. It is something on their end. If you can, have them reset your account (ONLY if you DO NOT have valuable information, for example if this is used for work).

Other than that, create a new email address. (gmail is free, and so is Hotmail).

Regards,

Mark
Closed Thread