User Tag List

Login Problem

This is a discussion on Login Problem within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I really need help. Yesterday I removed my password cuz my young's brother detention was over, and I think

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hi, I really need help. Yesterday I removed my password cuz my young's brother detention was over, and I think I also removed the name of the account (the original account , admin, that I got when I bought the PC) Today, I turned on the pc , and I only saw the "Guest" account. I can login my old account :( I already tried lots of Command Prompt commands but I got Access Denied in all of them, as Im on the Guest account . I don't have permission to do anything . Please help me recover my old account with all my stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi
My Name is Kaushal and I work for social media and community Team at Dell.
In order to help you better, i need some information about your computer.
1:-which computer model and operating system are you using?

Thanks
Dell Kaushal P
Dell Social Media Responder
Old 07-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi, Thanks for replying, my computer is an Asus, and my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium.
EDIT: I've tried EVERYTHING, Im thinking about reinstalling my Windows 7. But, how can I get Windows 7 into a CD ? And will a 700mb CD be enough? thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Registered Member

I would appreciate some help as soon as possible.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Registered Member

Minado :
Hi i would like to inform you that windows 7 can not be burned in cds however you need to arrange the Dvd for windows 7.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Registered Member

I dont understand . How can I reinstall Windows 7?
Old 07-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
how can I get Windows 7 into a CD ? And will a 700mb CD be enough?
AS Kaushal Dell explained, You cannot put Windows 7 on a CD, it is too small you need a DVD. Besides, you cannot just copy Windows from an installed computer. You need to use a Recovery disc, or a Microsoft Windows DVD.
As for your problem, try enabling the Hidden Administrator account, you will need to have the Admin password that was set when the computer was installed, if you didn't set one, leave it blank.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:32 AM   #8
Registered Member

I cant enable the hidden Admin account because I cant Run CMD as Administrator, as I am stuck in my guest account.. I am going to reinstall my OS , I have a Windows 7 ISO file that my friend borrowed to me , I just have to burn it into a DVD and boot it right?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
Registered Member

My System

Yes,you would burn it to DVD, but you must burn the ISO image, not as a Data Disc, but using an image burner like IMGBurn in my signature.
Before you reinstall, restart the computer and press F8 and choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and try Enabling the Hidden Administrator account.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
Registered Member

That would be great Spunk.Funk , the problem is: Ok, I go to Safe Mode with Command Prompt , then I get into the Login Screen , but It doesnt let me login the Guest Account , it gives me this error: "Windows couldn't get into SENS service." -> (This translation of the error to English isn't totally accurate, my OS is in Portuguese.) So, I cant login the Guest Account or the Admin account , how can I get the Command Prompt up? :/ Getting the Command Prompt in Safe Mode would solve my problem, the problem is , I cant see a way to get it .
Old 07-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
Registered Member

EDIT: I dont have the the ISO file, I just got a bunch of Windows 7 Files. Now I dont know what to do :/, If you could help me get Command Prompt in Safe Mode, I wouldnt need to reinstall my OS .
Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
Registered Member

My System

We cannot assist you with password retrieval, You should be able to enable the Hidden Admin account if you know the admin password.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #13
Registered Member

When I go into Safe Mode , in the login screen I can see the account "Administrator" but my old Password doesn't work, any password works! :(
And I can't login my Guest Account either because it gives me a "Sens" error ..
Old 08-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #14
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
you will need to have the Admin password that was set when the computer was installed, if you didn't set one, leave it blank.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Registered Member

I did set one , but 1 day before this all happened, I removed the password, and the name of the Account . Now I try that password and leaving it blank and It doesnt work. I dont understand!!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
Registered Member

My System

You cannot remove the Built In Administrator account, it is a part of the OS. The Built in Administrator Password will be different then your Admin user account password.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
Registered Member

So, the Built-In account is my main Account, where all my stuff is right? Why did it dissapear from my login screen and how can I get it back. And how can I find the Administrator password ? :/
Old 08-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
Registered Member

My System

In Windows 7 and Vista, there is a Hidden Built in Administrator account it is called Administrator. Then you have your User account (usually your name or if it's a name brand computer that has Windows Pre-Installed, it may bre something like Owner, which is an Administrator user. This account would have all of your files in it. In XP, if you booted into Safe Mode, you could access this built in administrator account, if you knew the password. In Vista and 7 you have to Enable the Hidden Administrator account
Old 08-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #19
Registered Member

I see, but If I didn't set the password for this built in Administrator account, why can't I acess it? How can I find the password? I need a solution.
EDIT: I cant the command in CMD "net user Administrator active:yes" I get the error "Error 5 , Acess Denied" :(
Closed Thread