Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Laptop won't enter sleep mode

This is a discussion on Laptop won't enter sleep mode within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Okay, so i installed Windows vista home premium 32 bit and on my laptop will not use sleep mode or

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #1

Okay, so i installed Windows vista home premium 32 bit and on my laptop will not use sleep mode or hybernation, I even formated it again to see if there was a problem. When i go to close the lid it shuts down or if i go to start menu and go to sleep it shuts down. Same goes with the power button. I went through power options and still nothing. Ideas please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #2

1. In the command prompt type "powercfg -h on" (with no quotes)

2. Press Windows Key and R to bring up the Run Dialog box and type "powercfg -h on" (with no quotes)

Tell me if that fixed ur problem.
Closed Thread