Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Laptop crashes on sleep mode

This is a discussion on Laptop crashes on sleep mode within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Multiple times when ive put my laptop into sleep mode it has crashed when I turn it back on. It

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

Multiple times when ive put my laptop into sleep mode it has crashed when I turn it back on. It does not do it every time, just majority. Once after I have turned my laptop off normally and then turned it back on I got the windows has crashed message. I did not post any Bios as i did not know what program I should use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi Darf,

Please post your laptop brand name/model, and specs to the best of your knowledge. Since your system crashes, does the laptop get a BSOD? Would it be possible to post the BSOD error?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have an Asus K52Jr Notebook. I am running windows 7 64 bit with 4gb of ram and an i3 processor. My C: OS partition is 149 GB and my D Data partition is 432. I dont actually get a BSOD, I just get that message when you first turn on your computer after it has crashed that gives you the option to start windows normally or in safe mode etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
Registered Member

bump?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't wake up from Sleep Mode.
Greetings, The only problem with my computer is it can't come back on after I put it on Sleep Mode. It takes 1-2 minutes before it shuts down to sleep unlike other computers that I own that shuts down instantly when put to sleep. Turning it on with a mouse button or power button, it powers up...
ajcc323 RAM and Power Supply Support 13 04-27-2011 07:14 PM
cannot manually go into sleep mode now?
I used to be able to select "sleep mode" from the "shut down menu" and it would power down and the Power LED would flash and to wake the computer, just a click of the mouse and it would wake and all the applications I had open before would load. Now, I select sleep mode manually and the computer...
tech_no Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 10 03-23-2011 07:26 AM
[SOLVED] Stop windows from going into sleep mode
Windows XP Pro sp3 How do I prevent windows from going into sleep mode when no one is logged in? The Power Options in the Control Panel only affects the user that is logged in. I tried going into the registry and changing the power setting for the Default user (always on), but it is still going...
dmdombroski Windows XP Support 7 02-01-2011 09:51 AM
any downside to leaving laptop in sleep mode rather than hibernate?
Hi---I have a Toshiba Portege, late model, ultra portable. I have a tendency to forget to completely shut down--neither a cold shutdown, nor even a hibernate. Instead, I tend to leave it in "sleep" mode, the lesser shutdown, with the little orange light gradually blinking to so indicate. i...
monsieurms Laptop Support 6 01-15-2011 02:42 PM