Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

ISATAP Code 31 in Vista

This is a discussion on ISATAP Code 31 in Vista within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The ISATAP adapter in my Dell Inspiron 1520 has decided it doesn't want to let me on the internet. The

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

The ISATAP adapter in my Dell Inspiron 1520 has decided it doesn't want to let me on the internet. The blue screen started popping up this week and was easily fixed with an update on my laptop, but in my excitement of fixing the computer problem I forgot to make sure automatic updating was turned off and during the night my laptop installed about 70 updates and the ISATAP adapter is the only thing in device manager with the yellow triangle and a Code 31.It's preventing me from getting on the internet so I'm using my hubby's netbook to find some answers. It's been so long since I've had to fix any computer problems that I'm scared to attempt it on my own and do more harm than good. I have attempted to roll back the updates with no success and in my trip to the grocery store the computer reinstalled the updates which I'm assuming were downloaded to the computer from the last update installments....

Help!! Please!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
Registered Member

So I was going to attempt an uninstall then reinstall. I uninstalled the ISATAP #5 driver when my husbands netbook died. I didn't want to go wake him, so as a last resort before I threw the laptop out the front door I clicked on the Dell Mobile Broadband Card Utility and the option to connect actually came up!! And what's even better is the dadgum thing actually connected to the internet without any slow loading issues.

Would it damage the computer for me to not reinstall the ISATAP adapter since it seems to be working just fine now or is that something that needs to be reinstalled for computer stability?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD after few minutes of gaming
Hello, and thanks in advance for taking the time to help. First off, I couldn't find a thread with specific instructions on who to acquire all the specific log files for Windows XP - it seems the stickies only pertain to Windows 7 / Vista. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'll...
Deamon615 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 37 11-04-2012 03:18 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD trouble - 0xa0 = Hibernation File
I'm getting bluescreens, especially at night, while nobody's using the computer. Running Windows Vista, 32 bit. It came installed on my machine, about five years ago. The machine started having serious performance problems about a year ago, so I made a fresh install using the HP system restore...
sclamons BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 12 10-19-2012 04:45 AM
Multiple Blue Screen Errors (VISTA)
I wont post the whole story because it was quite long but here is a link to another help forum I posted on. Vista Multiple Blue Screen Errors - PC Help Forum - Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (x86) - OS came pre-installed on computer - Hardware and OS is about 3-4 years old I believe -AMD...
Npons BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 05-01-2012 01:42 PM
3TB HDD won't format
I recently bought a 3TB 5400RPM hard drive and placed it in an enclosure. I orginially had connected it to my PC via USB 2.0 and formatted the entire drive and everything seemed to be in working order. After that I decided to connect the drive via eSATA because of the speed increase. When...
UhOhOhNo Hard Drive Support 8 09-13-2011 09:22 PM
Multiple bsods all related to different drivers help!(zip attached)....
Alright this has been bugging me for a long time, I keep getting bsods on a self built machine, everytime I seem to have beaten one another pops up I just dont know what to do, ive tried updating, replacing drivers, replacing the memory everything im at my wits end can you take a look at my zip...
thatcrazypengui BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 09-01-2011 10:51 PM