User Tag List

Internet Issues

This is a discussion on Internet Issues within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've got an Acer Aspire 5735 laptop dualed with Ubuntu and Vista. My Vista recently updated and for some reason

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've got an Acer Aspire 5735 laptop dualed with Ubuntu and Vista.

My Vista recently updated and for some reason I can't connect to my wireless network with it any more. I know it's an issue with Vista as my Ubuntu is still connecting to the wireless absolutely fine.

Sometimes it gives me a local connection, sometimes it recognises the hub but says it has limited/no connectivity and sometimes nothing at all. Vista's own diagnose/repair doesn't help at all, either renewing the IP or resetting the connection.

My wireless card and controller are:

Intel Corporation Wireless WiFi Link 5100

Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 16)

If I could get help with ASAP that would be great as I'm in the middle of my final exams for Uni and the internet would be quite handy on Windows right now.

Cheers,
Smiddy91260
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via MSN to Clayd

Could be a registry issue? Try running a registry repair with CCleaner or another program, reboot your computer and see if it works.

Hmm just thought, you can't install CCleaner without a internet. Try doing a system restore to the last time you can recall your internet working.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

I could download it on Ubuntu and put it on a USB stick and transfer it to Vista for install.

I'll give it a shot and see how it goes, cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
Registered Member

Unfortunately that didn't work. I cleaned the registry and I've still got no connectivity.

I did try it at Uni today and I managed to connect to their network fine.

I'm going to reset our hub tonight and see what that does but the other laptops in our house are connecting fine and mine connects as long as I'm on Ubuntu, just not on Vista.
Closed Thread