Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Installing windows 7 from the very beginning?

This is a discussion on Installing windows 7 from the very beginning? within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All, I have a question that might sound naiive, however i do not know the steps. If I would

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 05:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi All,

I have a question that might sound naiive, however i do not know the steps.
If I would like to install windows 7 64 bit home premium edition on my laptop from the very beginning, are there any tricks, which i should be aware of or it almost the same as windows xp?

because I had it once installed it shows some system flaws e.g the time and date never update themselves unless i do them manually?

Thank you and happy new year
Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 05:26 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

There's really nothing to it. Boot from the DVD and select to do a new/clean install. Be sure to back up any important data before doing this.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Registered Member

the problem with your time would most likely be that when it was installed that one time the box that asks if you would like the clock to automatically adjust for daylight savings time was not checked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

first of all, did the laptop come with win7? are you using the disk that came with the computer or another? If you are not using the os disk or the os that came with your system, you will most likely need to go to the laptop's manufacturers website and download their drivers for your specific system after you install. Generally if you do not, then you could have sound, wireless and other possible issues. From what i have seen in the help forums, sound and wireless are the two most common problems until you install the drivers.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracia View Post
This sounds like a flaw that Vista had when it was first released whereby some users noticed their system clock was lagging behind. If I left it for long enough, it would be a full hour behind real time. So if you don't have any service packs installed, please do so. The latest is SP2 and can be found here as a standalone: Download: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - Five Language Standalone for x64-based systems (KB948465) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details or will come through using Windows Update.
The original issue is a question about Windows 7 installation. Your link is for the Vista SP.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via AIM to Dracia Send a message via MSN to Dracia

Oh, I'm sorry n.n I must be in a daze. But at least people who Google Vista clock problems will see that xD ...unless you want to delete it, I don't mind.