Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Installing all Windows 7 updates ate once

This is a discussion on Installing all Windows 7 updates ate once within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I have recently been put in charge of formatting all the laptops at work before they go back

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all, I have recently been put in charge of formatting all the laptops at work before they go back on sale.

One thing that I have found frustrating is installing the drivers. I have had some laptops sitting for around 4-5 hours, just simply updating the system bit by bit, and I was wondering if there is a way to just download all the drivers at once, and do a mass install.

Doing this on 7 or 8 laptops is painful

Thanks for any help in advance :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

If they are all the same drivers or you know which ones you need, then just download them onto a Flash or DVD and then copy them onto their respective machines.

It's the downloading bit that is time consuming so by doing it that way, you only need to download them once - although video drivers can take some time installing unless you choose the express option.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the help. It was late last night, and I made an error.

What I meant was, is there a way to download all the updates at once, not drivers, as the drivers are not the problem, its the constant updates.

It would be so much easier if I could download them all, and install all at once, rather than having to restart every 5 minutes.

Sorry about the mistake on my end
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 AM   #4
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

While you can manually download Windows updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog, this utility might make it much easier:

Windows Updates Downloader (WUD)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slow Computer - Cannot find a problem.
Hey guys, My computer has been running slow for quite a while now, and I can't find a reason at all. I cleaned the inside of my tower and went through most of the cleaning steps you all recommend in that post except for the one step that required me to have a Xp Sp3 startup disk. Like I said I...
cschluter Resolved HJT Threads 13 04-16-2012 03:21 AM
Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2
Hi Everybody, I have this issue with my computer: Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2 have been detected by Antivir and, though removed, reappear at the PC reboot. Avira RealTime Protection keeps sending alerts, detecting unspecified viruses with access denied. Several of the directories...
beppe1968 Resolved HJT Threads 81 03-15-2012 11:19 AM
Bad Image Errors
I'm trying to get rid of some bad image errors and rundll errors during start-up on my windows xp computer. I ran the HiJackThis program and here is the log. I don't know which ones to delete. Please help. How do I avoid this in the future? Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4 Scan...
Generalpork12 Resolved HJT Threads 15 02-16-2012 03:52 PM
Virus blocking internet access.
After removing XP Antispyware 2012,I can no longer connect to the internet.It just says "acquiring network address". When I do ipconfig it says "RPC server is unavailable".There's nothing wrong with the internet connection itself.Just something on my computer preventing it from connecting. ....
honeybe Resolved HJT Threads 28 01-10-2012 02:26 AM
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Hi, For 2 weeks now, I have a problem with my laptop. Finally I just found you via https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/malware-removal-help-438072.html] and now I began hoping (please forgive my English!!). Could you please please help me too?? I have this laptop and more or...
Vladia Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 01-08-2012 08:16 AM