Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

installed 4x port usb to Window 7 pc - USB wont read + win7 "FATAL ERROR" message

This is a discussion on installed 4x port usb to Window 7 pc - USB wont read + win7 "FATAL ERROR" message within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I have a win7 64bit Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz 8GB Ram Manufacture : Gigabyte

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

I have a
win7 64bit
Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz
8GB Ram
Manufacture : Gigabyte
Rating: 5.0 Window experience Index

I have brought a 4 USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE USB Port Express Expansion card

I fitted it to my pc, loaded the drivers and it was working great until I went to close down the pc, it came up with fatal error it shutdown my pc and i had to go into safe mode to remove the drivers for pci-e card. i have tried every pci slot x3 still not working.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by soash View Post
Hi

I have a
win7 64bit
Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz
8GB Ram
Manufacture : Gigabyte
Rating: 5.0 Window experience Index

I have brought a 4 USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE USB Port Express Expansion card

I fitted it to my pc, loaded the drivers and it was working great until I went to close down the pc, it came up with fatal error it shutdown my pc and i had to go into safe mode to remove the drivers for pci-e card. i have tried every pci slot x3 still not working.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks

Check your BIOS for settings on that port you seated that pci card in.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Registered Member

Do you know what I should be looking for in when Im checking for the BIOS for settings on that port
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by soash View Post
Do you know what I should be looking for in when Im checking for the BIOS for settings on that port
Yes.

If it says disabled click enable.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

I would tend to think it's a defective card since it was working and stopped within a short period of time.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench97 View Post
I would tend to think it's a defective card since it was working and stopped within a short period of time.
I would also agree if nothing else works that card is broken.
Closed Thread