Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Impossibility to Install English Language Pack on Windows 7 Enterprise

This is a discussion on Impossibility to Install English Language Pack on Windows 7 Enterprise within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Greetings, An IT staff at a company where I have been working seems to be unable (or lazy enough) to

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Greetings,

An IT staff at a company where I have been working seems to be unable (or lazy enough) to install an English Language Pack on a French Version (a base installation) of Windows 7 Enterprise via Windows Updates.

When launching the update with English Language Pack selected all seems to work well til a certain moment of an installation.
The process is stopped with an error message and the update is not applied.

I cannot believe that the IT technician keeps assuring me that the operation is impossible to achieve.

I would appreciate any suggestion or advice leading me to manage to get the English Language Pack installed.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

What is the error message/number?

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
What is the error message/number?
Alas I cannot recall it. I think it was 80070002 error number.

Is it possible that updates are blocked by a superior level in my company and they are applied and maintain in a general, global level?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

See if IT can temporarily disable AV. Also, there may be a Group Policy against the installation.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread