Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

I got lots of issues...I don't know where to begin..

This is a discussion on I got lots of issues...I don't know where to begin.. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Okay, Im currently having a whole lotta issues with my laptop. I don't know if it is Virus's or Spyware

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

Okay, Im currently having a whole lotta issues with my laptop. I don't know if it is Virus's or Spyware that is causing the problems. I don't know if its just my computer acting up. Im not sure. So I wasn't really sure where I should post my question. If I posted in the wrong section, please forgive me.

Okay, well now that I think about it, I think all the problems may have started with a virus. Again, Im not really sure.
About a week or two ago I was playin on the internet like usual, and suddenly I got a pop up asking me if I want to execute some weird file called "setup (&it had a whole bunch of random numbers after it).exe
I said No of course. It happened maybe two more times, and each time I said No. Then suddenly it came up again and was gone and then some thing happened. My computer starts telling me that my hard drive was not found. Or that I had drive errors. And some Windows Defragment screen kept coming up saying I needed to defragment my computer. I kept trying to click off of it and it kept coming back up. I was uable to do anything on my computer at that point.
I usually do have Panda running, but Im having issues with that also. I actually purchased the Panda and for some reason I can not activate it. So i guess it wsnt doing its job that time.
So I think I finally got Panda to run and I have no clue what was found or what I did to make the defragmenter thingy stop.
So then I ran my spybot, hijackthis, and then I did a registry cleaner program. I used the one called Powersuite. Or actually it was called Registry Booster. Was that a bad idea?
Well it said I had a whole lotta errors and problems. I let it fix em all. Of course I did a backup first, just incase.
Well I seem to have issues with my internet now. My Firefox keeps crashing. If I get it to open, it is so slow, its ridiculous. Im connected using a high speed cable modem, so my internet should be kinda quick. I tried using IE instead and it too is so slow now. It always freezez and takes a lot longer to do whatever it is I want it to do. Even when I had the big issues, I never had any internet connection issues or problems. Well other than my Flash player constantly crasing in Firefox. But other than that, the internet was never slow or laggy as it is now.

I know I said a lot of crap. Prolly a bit confusing. Prolly posted it in the wrong section also. Again, I apologize if I did. Please let me know.

So I would appreciate anyone's help, or input or anything. What programs could I run to maybe check for issues. Or anything..Im desperate now. I cant live without my laptop..

Its a HP Pavilion dv6000
Running Vista 32-bit

Thanks again guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
Registered Member

I would restart the machine in "Safe Mode with Networking"; you can accomplish this by restarting your machine and tapping on the "F8" key until you get a boot options screen. After you select the above "MODE", you can log onto Administrator if given the option, otherwise go ahead and logon to your normal account. Then go here; Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1 - FileHippo.com and download file, saving to your desktop. Once it is downloaded go ahead and install, and allow it to update, then run a full system scan, and go ahead and remove what it automatically selected. Reboot into regular mode if it asks you to reboot, I would then again run another full scan to make sure. Good luck
Closed Thread