Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

HP pavillion dv6 wrong logon name

This is a discussion on HP pavillion dv6 wrong logon name within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. On my laptop i had accidentally misspelled my name and im not sure how to change it, i already went

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 04:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

On my laptop i had accidentally misspelled my name and im not sure how to change it, i already went into control panel and changed it through there but it still has the same wrong name. what could i do??? it really bothers me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Reinstall Windows
Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

lol I wouldnt reinstall windows, but what you CAN do is create another account with the correct name, make sure it has Administrator privileges, then log on to the new account and delete the old one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

The easiest way is to do what Wolfman has suggested. Then copy your files to the new profile name. Fix a corrupted user profile
You can also Go to Start/Search and type netplwiz Right click the results and Run As Administrator. Find the account you want to change right click it and choose Properties, Rename it. Apply and OK. Log out and log back in
Then copy your files to the new profile name. Fix a corrupted user profile

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9 spyware/keylogger can't correct this. Can you?
I had been suspicious of the increasingly acceptable (illegal) use of a keylogger or other monitoring method on my PC. KL Detector seems to be a straightforward approach of identifying prepared logs created by a keylogger since a keylogger can be quite stealthy. Sharing seems to be the new desire...
bogtrotter Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 11 11-11-2011 08:39 PM
Locked logon screen after screensaver
I have my computer to set itself up to go to logon screen after moving the mouse to use my computer (basically clearing the screensaver). Well, instead of going to my downloaded, legal, normal logon screen, it goes to a locked logon screen. Can that be helped? I have Windows XP and I use...
kawtharamelia Windows XP Support 1 05-30-2011 05:39 PM
HP Pavillion DV4000 don't know whats wrong :(
Hi All, I need some help with my HP DV4000, a few days it suddenly started having a non responsive keypad and on rebooting, the mouse pad wouldn't respond (the keypad would). And, then I rebooting the laptop again, had a blank screen. Rebooted again, it worked for about 5 mins then was all hung up....
Tina K Laptop Support 1 05-01-2011 04:08 AM
Backdoor:Win32/Fynloski.A Virus Help!
Uhm well i downloaded something thinking it was from my friend and it was some stupid runescape thing well i suspect its this file but i may be wrong becouse it doesnt open anything and it wont let me delete it says... You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes from this folder....
Nmky Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 30 04-30-2011 10:57 AM
[SOLVED] HOW TO: Re-Format a Computer from scratch
I have an ACER Aspire 5570Z Laptop with XP installed on it. As you may or may not see by my other two threads that this machine is beyond Virus repair. My intentions are to completely re-format the entire thing from scratch. Before I do that I must say that I have never done this before...
fiLmNut Windows XP Support 22 01-10-2011 08:07 AM