Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

How to upgrade computer for windows 7

This is a discussion on How to upgrade computer for windows 7 within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. Today i have bougt a cheap computer for internet & movies, music... and i realized that everything is so

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #1

Razz

Hello. Today i have bougt a cheap computer for internet & movies, music... and i realized that everything is so bad.

ADM Athlon(tm) XP 1.1GHz
1.25GB of ram
32-bit operating system.
video: Vanta/vanta LT ( American Megatrends Ich, K7s41gx )
installed: directx 11, vlc.

I`m running windows 7, and atm dont have any change to install another windows for example windows XP. Computer is working well, but the main problem is that i was not able to find Vanta/Vanta LT (video card) driver for Windows 7. So i downloaded windos 2000/XP Vanta/Vanta LT driver and installed it. Seems everything work;
got nvidia displey
i can change what ever resolution i want
... and so on.
But it does not take any effect when i`m watching movie. It still have some, small lags. And now after i install driver i`m not able to use vlc, anyone know how to fix it ?

Immortal thing is that when i'm running a movie i`m using 100% of my CPU, CRY i dont know what to do. I tryed to change my processor but it`s not possiable. Computer is too old.

So is there any tics or tips how to incrase my computer so i can watch atless movies.

If u need other information, ask. Thanks u <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF your video card is not supported past xp https://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html as far as I can see, you could look at upgrading to a better supported card,have you tried reinstalling vlc

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #3

Just reinstalled vlc, still does not working. I got sound but not gfx.

you could look at upgrading to a better supported card
Do you mean to buy another video card?

I`m worring about my CPU - 1.1GHz, becous when i`m running a movie; by usin avi./dvd. files my CPU is 100% used, not sure will upgrade will help it.

I want to ask another question. If i take out my HDD and install windows XP from another PC will it work on my computer? I dont have cd. Was trying to install Windows XP from USB FLASH. It failed. When i press {boot} i choise my USB, after few mins it give me disk error.
probably it`s becous whn i`m running BIOS i dont see my CD & i can`t run it first, becous i dont have it (:

... yes i tryed it many times with different USB slots and reinstalled many different windows XP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Gone | Not Forgotten

Hi:

Please understand that according to your system spec's, this PC just barely meets the minimum requirements to run Win 7. It will run Win7, but not well. Adding a bunch of RAM could possible help.

The question, in my mind is, who would sell old cheap PC with Win 7 on it?

Just curious is all, where are getting several copies of XP you are trying to install ?

Windows operating system are not free.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

agreed

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread