Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

How to.....transfer pixs from cell phone..to

This is a discussion on How to.....transfer pixs from cell phone..to within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone: New to the forum,kindly bear with me... .I'd like to learn how to transfer pictures from my cell

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everyone:
New to the forum,kindly bear with me....I'd like to learn how to transfer pictures from my cell phone to my computer(Dell inspiron
1501).I'm new to computers tech but willing to persevere........
Many thanks for your replies,I'll much appreciate a sequence to follow.......... TO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Enthusiast

If your cellphone has a memory card with the pictures on it, remove the card and put it in a card-reader (your Dell 1501 should have a card reader built-in).

Most cellphones use a microSD memory card. If that's what your's is you'll need to buy a microSD adapter so you can put it in the full-size SD card reader slot on your Dell.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Moderator, Design Team

My System

It is a good idea to make a new folder on your computer first, ususally in the folder named My Pictures - this is where the images will be stored when transferred - name it something to do with the images it will contain - eg: lake afternoon

If your cell phone uses a memory card (most likely a mini SD card) and you have either an internal or external card reader:

1) remove the memory card from the cell phone

2) insert the memory card into your card reader, and go to My Computer. The card reader will show under Devices with Removable Storage. It may be named as the brand of your cell phone. Each drive letter will represent a different slot of the card reader and you may have to open several to find the correct drive. Note which drive letter is used for future downloads.

3) Open the drive and search for the stored image files. Mostly they will be in a folder named DCIM

4) Select the files, copy (CTRL + C) and then paste (CTRL + V) them into a folder on your computer's hard drive

If you don't have a card reader:

1) connect your cell phone to the computer's USB port using the USB cable provided with the phone

2) go to My Computer. The cell phone will show under Devices with Removable Storage. It may be named as the brand of your cell phone.

3) Open the drive and search for the stored image files. Mostly they will be in a folder named DCIM

4) Select the files, copy (CTRL + C) and then paste (CTRL + V) them into a folder on your computer's hard drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
1) connect your cell phone to the computer's USB port using the USB cable provided with the phone
2) go to My Computer. The cell phone will show under Devices with Removable Storage. It may be named as the brand of your cell phone.
This is the easiest and simplest way.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

If it is just one or two, sometimes I find it faster to email. so the choices are, you could always email them to yourself, connect the phone to the computer as previously mentioned or pull the memory card as previously mentioned.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
Registered Member

Hello once again!!!!
I have bought something that is plugged in on the right hand side of the computer.I believe "Sobeit" has it,now how do I go about it??????
The phone did not come with no cable.Thanks again for your replies.too old.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Open Computer the SD card will show as a drive below your DVD/CD drives. Open that drive "The drive may show up as a SD icon" look for the pictures in each folder drag and drop the pictures to where you wish them to be stored on your computer, or just simply copy and paste the pictures by right clicking on one or more select copy then right click where you want the pictures to be stored on your computer then select paste.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:09 AM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too old View Post
Hello once again!!!!
I have bought something that is plugged in on the right hand side of the computer.I believe "Sobeit" has it,now how do I go about it??????
The phone did not come with no cable.Thanks again for your replies.too old.
if you are talking about emailing the pictures to yourself, when you open the picture, you should have an icon or something on it giving your a choice to email, delete or whatever. I am not familiar with your phone so I cannot give specifics.