Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

How to make a file send to a folder instead of printing

This is a discussion on How to make a file send to a folder instead of printing within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, this may seem like a weird question, but it's mostly because the computer that's directly connected to the printer

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Ok, this may seem like a weird question, but it's mostly because the computer that's directly connected to the printer on the network at my house is an iMac and therefore I can't connect directly to the printer because of it. I have managed to mostly circumvent it by setting up a shared folder called "Autoprint" and using automator to make any file that goes in there print, then move to another folder.

So, my question is, how can I override the regular "Print" action in most programs and make it send to this folder instead? Is it even possible?

The only solution I can think of is to make pseudo-drivers for a pseudo-printer and having it, instead of printing the file, move it to that folder (or copy it to that folder and change the folder action so it moves to trash instead). To be honest I have no idea how to do that, so could someone either point me in the right direction or do it for me (preferably point me in the right direction so I can have a better understanding of it, but doing it for me is fine too :P).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Antivirus programs and Windows updates blocked
Hello to the Forum. I have got this problem: it is impossible to update antivirus programs and windows. Regarding the latter, I can't perform windows update neither from the start menu (error code 80072EFE) neither from internet (can't connect to windows update page). Other than this I can't...
beppe1968 Resolved HJT Threads 25 10-06-2011 03:24 AM
Random/rare STOP0x1E
Been fighting against this one for a while now and couldn't figure out the cause, especially since the crashes come and go and are very rare... anyway, here is the data: OS - Windows 7 x64 SP1 OEM (MSDNAA version) Age of system: one and a half years Age of OS installation: a month ...
Soukyuu BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 09-26-2011 12:16 PM
CHKDSK? What is the log saying? Is my SSD data safe?
Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue. Windows will now check the disk. CHKDSK is verifying files...
techknight1999 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 09-10-2011 10:12 PM
Laptop barely works, can't access task manager
No access to a Windows install disc or a boot CD Computer takes way too long to start. Takes way too long to restart and shut down. The internet shuts off after a couple of hours and I have to restart the computer. Pop-up keeps appearing even when a web page isn't open....
BalloonBottle Resolved HJT Threads 21 07-25-2011 03:36 PM
For Ried
Hi there is a attachment ark.zip with 'dds' and 'ark'. . DDS (Ver_11-05-19.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_13 Run by Owner at 22:01:08 on 2011-05-29 Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.959.243 . AV: McAfee Anti-Virus and...
Nela09 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 78 06-09-2011 08:32 PM