Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

how to connect 2laptop with switch

This is a discussion on how to connect 2laptop with switch within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i have beam telecom internet connection.i have switch .want to connect 2laptop with the switch . problem that one laptop

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

i have beam telecom internet connection.i have switch .want to connect 2laptop with the switch . problem that one laptop working . other not working
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: Windows 10 Pro, Linux, Windows 7 Pro. Work systems - W2K, XP, Win7, RHEL, Solaris.

My System

This is on a Windows 7 system? have you enabled Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the computer that connects to the internet.

To accomplish this, go to Network & Sharing Center either through Control Panel, or right click on the Network Connection in your taskbar near the clock.

Choose Manage Network Connections > Properties (confirm Admin privileges) > Sharing, then select "Allow Other Network User to Connect through this computers internet Connection"

The only problem with this setup is that the Host computer needs to be running to connect, you might want to think about getting a router for your internet connection, in the future.

CompTIA - A+, Security+
"There are two types of hard drives. A drive that has failed, and one that will.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop won't connect to wireless network although signal is great
Earlier in the morning my router was unpluged twice by my baby brother when he was fooling around, and then when I plugged it in the third time my laptop won't connect the the wireless network. I could see the network with great signal on the connection list, but when I tried connect to it, it...
Clementine Networking Support 2 08-03-2013 03:37 PM
Laptop cant connect with networks...sometimes
Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I'm very much not a computer whiz soo i apologize in advance...soo on my hp pavilion dv6 laptop I cannot connect to a network, I have the correct password but after trying to connect it just says that could not connect, I have try the windows network...
Joejoe49 Networking Support 1 11-27-2011 03:03 AM
Switch plugged into itself!
Hey all I posted a week or so ago about the problems id had replacing our two hubs with a switch... the switch in question being a 48 port gigabit switch (TL-SG1048) which unfortunatly is unmanaged I tried all the suggestions here, including replacing the NIC to the server. Then this morning...
trevor.wilson Networking Support 2 11-09-2011 11:40 PM
Cnet CSH-2402 24port switch HELP!!!
Hey guys, I apoligize if this is in the wrong room. I have a 24 port switch that i was given. It is a Cnet csh-2402. I have downloaed the so called "manual" from the site and followed the directions as listed. however i am running into some problems. First of all, i am accessing the switch via...
snapetwo Networking Support 0 09-07-2011 11:47 AM
i am trying to connect 1st floor switch to 2nd floor switch.
i am trying to connect 1st floor switch to 2nd floor switch. But totally network stopped. what is the problem. it is D-link switch. Cat-5 cable. Color code: 1st floor: White green green, White orange Blue, White Blue orange White brown brown 2nd...
chalamalasetty Networking Support 2 02-09-2011 08:36 AM