Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

how do i get admin privileges back

This is a discussion on how do i get admin privileges back within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. one day my grandmother was on the computer i don't know what she was trying to do but she went

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

one day my grandmother was on the computer i don't know what she was trying to do but she went into the user accounts and family safety tab and revokes all of the admin privileges on the computer there aren't any more admin profiles how do i get the admin privileges back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

Trying rebooting and hitting the F8 key. Go in to Safe Mode and there should be an administrator account you can use.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Enable the hidden admin account, make the changes to the user account and then make sure to rehide the super admin account> Enable / Disable the Local (Hidden, Built-In) Administrator Account in Windows 7 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing Wireless Passwords disables router admin login!!
Windows XP Netgear CDG24G Wireless Router Cable Connection (Time Warner) Not that great with computers so I'll try to explain this the best I can: First let me say that the internet is working via ethernet and wireless. I can see it on my iphone. But I am unable to change the password...
blahblah3 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 1 10-20-2012 11:21 PM
Published: How to manually back up your emails in Outlook 2007
One of the most important programs that most computer users use is their email client, and having a load of your precious emails accidently deleted (or laptop/PC stolen) can be a nightmare, so for this tutorial I will walk you through the simple steps of how to back-up your .pst files (emails) ...
TheGift73 Dead-Sea Scrolls 5 08-17-2011 02:23 PM
[SOLVED] insufficient privileges even though i am admin
i am trying to run stalker clear sky on my laptop but it keeps saying i need to run it as admin the first time i run it but i am on the admin acount and it still says it every time
bkoper16 PC Gaming Support 4 07-16-2011 11:31 PM
Need help, can't log in as admin
Over two months ago my 1 and only login (admin) stopped working saying account failed to log in, i looked on forums and set another account up but only has standard not with admin rights. It was only yesterday while installing software that i noticed the 2nd account was only standard so i cannot...
ianward Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 03-28-2011 04:03 PM
Server/Domain Admin rights "overwriting" Local Admin rights
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is so much a server-related question or an OS7-related question. We are currently running MS server 2k3 and have recently managed to add a number of OS7 machines to the work domain. Previously, whenever a setting had to be changed, you used the local admin...
Asturia054 Windows Servers 3 01-13-2011 03:30 AM