Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

How can I do a factory reset

This is a discussion on How can I do a factory reset within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s3712f using the Windows Vista Home Premium System. I do not have the disks

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s3712f using the Windows Vista Home Premium System. I do not have the disks because I purchased ir used. I now have another cimputer and would like to give this one to my grandkids. I cannot because I have tax information from when I was doing taxes can anyone help. I have tried F11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

You can create a Restore Disc to restore your computer to factory defaults.
Quote:
Complete the following steps to create the recovery disc set:
  1. Click Start , click All Programs , click PC Help & Tools , and then click Recovery Disc Creation .
  2. Click Next when the Welcome screen displays.
    A window opens listing the number of blank discs required to make a complete recovery set.
  3. Get the correct type and number of blank discs before continuing.
  4. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to create the recovery discs.

For detailed instructions and graphics, see the following support document:
Creating a Recovery Disc Set in Windows Vista
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't add airport card
My computer won't recognize my airport. So I saw that I should delete it, restart my computer and add it back. Went to add it and it won't let me. I need my computer for work ! Is there a way to restart PRAM Without unscrewing my battery. Have a 2010 MacBook pro and don't have the tiny screw driver...
Ahausma1 Mac Support 1 02-29-2012 10:27 PM
BSOD on startup. Rare if I can get into Windows.
Hi everyone, For about a week now, I have been having a ton of trouble getting into Windows and havn't been able to find a solid solution for it without formatting it and starting all over. Over the past week, I have only been able to get Windows to boot 3 times out of the hundreds of times Ive...
Jiftim Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 02-29-2012 09:57 PM
[SOLVED] Do i have a driver problem? sound
laptop presario f759 just went from a stripped copy of vista to a legit full copy of vista 64 ultimate i have 512 of ram lol i know i know new ram is on way. my problem is this. when i plug in my external speakers to my headphone jack i get no sound. i set to default, and nothing. ran test...
sleepingciv Driver Support 25 02-29-2012 06:28 PM
Can not RDP to my computer behind router?
Router: D-Link DIR-655 (192.168.0.1) What I've done so far: 1. Enabled RDP on my local computer 2. Opened router port 3389 (port forwarding to the local computer IP) 3. Verified by port scanning that 3389 is responding OK 4. Disabled AVG 5. Found out my external IP adress using...
matbe Networking Support 30 02-29-2012 01:06 PM
[SOLVED] Can't install new video card.
I have an HP Pavilion computer. I need a new video card so I went to best buy and they sent me home with XFX - ATI RADEON HD 6750 1GB. Not sure what all that means but I can't find any 6 prong wires in my computer to hook to it. My computer says it is supposed to have a NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300 LE. Do I...
tmaziarz Video Card Support 3 02-28-2012 07:33 AM