Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Home Premium and Hardware Raid

This is a discussion on Home Premium and Hardware Raid within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all. I have a Home Premium system that has in the windows 7 system installed on a SSD. I

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all.

I have a Home Premium system that has in the windows 7 system installed on a SSD.

I have connected 2 spinning disk drives that I was going to use as a mirrored raid. So, now, I have discovered that mirrored raid within windows in not allowed in the home edition...

So on to hardware raid configuration. So I configure the Intel raid 1 of the 2 new disk drives. Now windows does not want to boot. So I get into the System Recovery Options to see "Operating System: Windows 7 on (D:) Local Disk". Well obviously this not correct. The SSD is plugged into the drive0 on the motherboard, and the other 2 drives are plugged into drive1 and drive2.

Is there any way of correcting this from the System Recovery Tool without having to reinstall the OS?

I have the pre-install raid driver available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Registered Member

Nevermind. Sorry about the post. Alittle search helped.

IAStorV registry value = 0.

And she booted right up....
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit Wont Load!!!!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE
I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop 1545 that belongs to a friend of mine and it wont get past the white flashing cursor. I've tried everything I could think of to get this thing to boot up. I looked up on here and seen where a similar problem had occurred and the problem was the partition wasn't set...
SpaceMunkie Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 11-09-2012 06:28 AM
Constant BSoD; hardware issue? Windows 7 Premium 64bit
Hello. I have been using Windows 7 for about a couple months now, maybe 3. Anyways, recently I have been encountering numerous BSoD messages to the point where I could hardly boot up. I have 3 HDs. I boot off of C:/ which is 1 TB. I have D:/ and E:/ as slave drives and both previously were boot...
Beret BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 12-31-2011 01:54 PM
[SOLVED] Vista home premium BSOD
· OS - Windows vista home premium SP2· x64 · What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM· Age of system (hardware) 3.5 years· Age of OS installation - have you...
cendicott BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 11-20-2011 10:54 PM
[SOLVED] Random BSOD - Toshiba Qosmio X500 13R (Windows 7 Home Premium x64) have mini
I've been having some problems with random BSODs on my laptop. The laptop itself is fairly new,bought in March this year,really good model but refcently I started having problems. One day I closed the laptop and thinking it went into sleep mode but a few hours later when I opened it a BSOD stared...
Jovana BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 08-29-2011 09:21 AM