Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Hard Drive Permission issue

This is a discussion on Hard Drive Permission issue within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All, i request you that please help me out in below detail hard drive issue. i am facing problem

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi All,

i request you that please help me out in below detail hard drive issue.

i am facing problem with hard drive permission. i have a dell vostro laptop.
its have only one hard drive c. i am working and i do not remember what i have done with hard drive permission. now i am enable to access the hard drive. even hard drive shows the 0 byte space use and 0 byte spec is free. but my laptop is running with out any error.

can you please help me to reset the hard drive permission and get back my laptop as previous.

thanks in advance for this great help

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Hello,

Are you the administrator? If so Right click over Local Disk C > Security > Does your user have full permissions? If not click edit permissions and give yourself full access.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Registered Member

i have tried this way. but when i try to do the same. one pop up msg drop in screen. access is denied.

i have login thru administrator. but i did get the access to enter the C drive.

please help me in this.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hard drive crash situation. Help greatly appreciated!
Hello, I am making this post in hope that I get help with this frustrating situation with my crashed hard drive. The situation is that my laptops hard drive had crashed about 2 weeks ago. I already bought myself a new hard drive and the laptop is up and running, the thing is that I am trying...
webster7 Hard Drive Support 11 08-05-2011 09:35 AM
Adding hard disk in system
My pc (XP OS) has 2 internal hardisk 250 GB (all windows file are in this disk) n 1 TB recently i formatted my pc after removing 1 tb disk. Now i want to add this 1 TB harddisk again. It has a lot of data in it. how can i do this without affecting any of my data Kindly help me with this.
gourmand Hard Drive Support 6 06-12-2011 03:06 AM
internal hard drive failing
I have a Dell Dimensions that was given to me and it has a 20GB Maxtor Hard Drive in it and is running Windows XP Home Edition. To make a very long story shorter I believe that the hard drive is failing on it since I was having real problems with it and was unable to access Windows at all. I was...
lmhjcr Hard Drive Support 8 06-04-2011 01:18 PM
A Complex Issue...
Summary of problem: My family has been having trouble with this laptop for some time now. I've taken up the task of trying to solve whatever problem it may have. I find myself at a dead end though. I found that the computer, get this, had no anti virus protection. So I installed AVG. However, AVG...
Tyger2057 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 03-13-2011 11:31 AM
Hard drive compatibility
Ok, I'm not really a computer geek but have a little experience with hardware replacements. I have a primary hard drive that is most probably beginning to fail (bearing squeal and weird zigzag lines on the monitor). The hard drive is a Hitachi HDP725032GLA (320 GB). I have a Hitachi H3D5001672S...
oldblush Hard Drive Support 4 02-12-2011 05:16 PM