Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Hard drive partition problems [Quick help :c]

This is a discussion on Hard drive partition problems [Quick help :c] within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have done partition. It's says i have 41,18 Gt free space but when i'am making new driver it's says

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have done partition. It's says i have 41,18 Gt free space but when i'am making new driver it's says i dont have space on it. Any help?

i dont know rules about picture posting, but still doing it.

Sorry for language, its finnish. I hope you guys can still quess what's
going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

You need 15% minimum free space on the whole hard drive for windows to work without complaint, if you made a new partition this would remove that so you cannot make a new partition.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

kunnossa (Titokonneen kannistys, Sivu) translates (in Google) as condition (the computer's Start-up, Page) which I take to mean "Format the drive" which is not something I'd even think of doing unless I was absolutely sure. Joeten's advice seems sound to me.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems after erasing auxiliary hard drive
I'm afraid I've gotten myself into trouble. I have two internal hard drives running. My primary hard drive has Windows 7 on it and I'm wanting to do a fresh reformat and reinstalation of the drive and OS. In preparation, I wanted to erase my secondary hard drive and back my data up there during...
ballininthamix Hard Drive Support 7 06-11-2013 12:47 PM
Toshiba Satellite, Hard Drive Problems
Greetings, A month ago, my computer unexpectedly crashed. I took it to an expert and also ran a hardware test through a bootable cd, and both gave the same result: a faulty hard drive. This was no problem, as there was nothing important on said drive, so I simply asked a friend to buy me a new...
Joel397 Laptop Support 1 01-02-2013 08:02 PM
How to Install, Re-Install and Remove Grub from the MBR
This guide will cover both Grub Legacy and Grub 2 If I refer to grub (then this means both grub legacy and grub2) otherwise I will implicity refer to either grub2 or grub-legacy. Linux Bootloaders When you install your linux distribution you will be asked if you want to install a bootloader. ...
hal8000 Linux Support 1 10-08-2012 12:13 PM
1TB WD External Hard Drive - Data not accesccible
Hi there, :) I read heaps of stories about external WD Hard Drives showing some kind of error while trying to access it... now I decided to add another story on here because non of the suggested solutions helped with my problem. What happend: I was copying some movies from my computer to the...
Chrizzie Hard Drive Support 4 01-29-2012 02:26 AM