Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Had ro reinstall windows: MANY Trojans, recovery drive will it have virus

This is a discussion on Had ro reinstall windows: MANY Trojans, recovery drive will it have virus within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I reinstalled windows because I had more than 10 trojans and it completely took my pc over i couldnt even

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

I reinstalled windows because I had more than 10 trojans and it completely took my pc over i couldnt even use the internet. Lots of popups. I deleted the parameter for my main drive c: and I have a recovery drive which has my windows files on it. about 10 gb. I didnt do anything with this drive. Should this drive be cleared? Is there a possibility that the viruses affected fils on this recovery drive. The trojan was tunring all my files into trojan downloaders! My music and all. What should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
Registered Member

My guess, as a precaution, would be to run a virus scan on the particular drive only. Use more than one scanner because different scanners pic up different things. If a virus is found, use a file cleaner if it's an import file (like personal music or a system file) if it's not then have it shredded or removed with the scanner. Trend Micro's Housecall is a good program.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

I deleted the filed from that drive that could be deleted? I want to use that drive to back up other things. system 32 and sources couldnt be deleted. I still will scan the drive. I scaned with avg and am at trend micro right now. Before i reinstalled windows I made a couple of data dvds. I just backed up my music and I am a skinner so I backed them up too. I know that trojans have the ability to change your files into trojan downloaders. And as I said two of my songs where already changed and I had to delte them. So I am wondering if there is a way to scan the data dvds with more than just avg. can I do it with trend and pana active? I have been gettin all of my programs installed all day and I just need to make shure that I dont get the virus again. I took my pc over in less than a DAY! It was bad. If I go through all this and get it again it will be a bummer!
Closed Thread