User Tag List

Google drive

This is a discussion on Google drive within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello pals I am not sure what went wrong, I could see my files in 'My drive' but after clicking

Old 03-13-2020, 11:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello pals I am not sure what went wrong, I could see my files in 'My drive' but after clicking the download button it redirect to 'https://doc-0o-4g-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/...... .' A popup "The page isnít redirecting properly. An error occurred during a connection to doc-0o-4g-docs.googleusercontent.com. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies." What it mean and how to solve it. I am using Firefox browser. Thanks.
malengchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2020, 01:59 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Go to https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive, sign in if you haven't already. You can view, edit etc your files in your Google Drive. Now sync your files on your google Drive with your computer How-To: Manually Force Google Drive To Sync Your Files?
spunk.funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 02:34 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks spunk.funk. In Force Google Drive To Sync Your Files, is it sync from computer to Google drive can we download from google drive to PC. When someone upload the file in google drive for you to download. That is the problem I am facing although the file appeared there. Any further help will be much appreciate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2020, 06:48 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies." What it mean and how to solve it. I am using Firefox browser. Thanks.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...d-unblock-them
xrobwx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
When someone upload the file in google drive for you to download
then you must contact the person that gave you access to their Google Drive to share their folder, or file and have them give you permission to view the files or extra permission to edit the file. If the file does not have proper permissions, then you will not be able to view it.
spunk.funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team

My System

For the sake of demonstration, from my own Google Drive:

Innocuous Text File Number 1 Public Sharing, anyone can locate and download

Innocuous Text File Number 2 Shared such that anyone who has the link can download, but not findable via search

Innocuous Text File Number 3 Shared only with one specific Gmail user, which is one of my addresses, so anyone else will get a "403 . . . We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page," error message.

The same principle applies at the folder level as the file level as well. You can set sharing on folders with precisely the same levels of exposure to denizens of cyberspace.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:27 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britechguy View Post
For the sake of demonstration, from my own Google Drive:

Innocuous Text File Number 1 Public Sharing, anyone can locate and download

Innocuous Text File Number 2 Shared such that anyone who has the link can download, but not findable via search

Innocuous Text File Number 3 Shared only with one specific Gmail user, which is one of my addresses, so anyone else will get a "403 . . . We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page," error message.

The same principle applies at the folder level as the file level as well. You can set sharing on folders with precisely the same levels of exposure to denizens of cyberspace.

I tried your Innocuous Text File Number 1 and Innocuous Text File Number 2 both have the same problem as mentioned. Pages load with "The page isnít redirecting properly. An error occurred during a connection to doc-0o-4g-docs.googleusercontent.com. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."
Old 03-14-2020, 10:01 PM   #8
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Your profile says you're running XP SP3 and you've posted in the Win 7/Vista forum. Please update your profile to show which operating system you're running. Try the Google Drive links from a different browser, say Chrome, and see if you have the same problem.
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:22 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stancestans View Post
Your profile says you're running XP SP3 and you've posted in the Win 7/Vista forum. Please update your profile to show which operating system you're running. Try the Google Drive links from a different browser, say Chrome, and see if you have the same problem.
Generated with Speccy v1.29.714
my pc [Operation system]
Operation system = MS Windows 7 Professional (6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (x32))
Old 03-14-2020, 10:35 PM   #10
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by malengchee View Post
Generated with Speccy v1.29.714
my pc [Operation system]
Operation system = MS Windows 7 Professional (6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (x32))
Open Speccy then go to File, Publish Snapshot then copy and paste the url/link here. It will tell us more about this system and save us a multitude of questions. You should also upgrade to Windows 10 because support for Windows 7 ended in January and it is no longer receiving security patches, which leaves it vulnerable to exploitation by malware and hackers. Upgrading to Windows 10 is still unofficially free, so you might want to take advantage of that while it lasts. Microsoft is definitely aware of this and there's no telling when they'll decide to pull the plug on this free upgrade. Whichever the case, you should update your profile to show which operating system you're running. Let us know how it goes with a different browser.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Open Speccy then go to File, Publish Snapshot then copy and paste the url/link here. It will tell us more about this system and save us a multitude of questions. You should also upgrade to Windows 10 because support for Windows 7 ended in January and it is no longer receiving security patches, which leaves it vulnerable to exploitation by malware and hackers. Upgrading to Windows 10 is still unofficially free, so you might want to take advantage of that while it lasts. Microsoft is definitely aware of this and there's no telling when they'll decide to pull the plug on this free upgrade. Whichever the case, you should update your profile to show which operating system you're running. Let us know how it goes with a different browser.
Thanks here is the link. https://speccy.piriform.com/results/V...4iSEsP6s4nnFF6
Hope to hear from you.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:34 PM   #12
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

We still need to know if this is a problem you're having with Firefox only, so install Chrome and try those links, then give us feedback on the results.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:55 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
We still need to know if this is a problem you're having with Firefox only, so install Chrome and try those links, then give us feedback on the results.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Installed google chrome and hurray it finally it work. I am thinking to ditch Firefox it had gone, which is onetime top favorite, after the many updates it gives many problems.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:14 PM   #14
Registered Member

Hi, just reset Firefox setting to fix this issue.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-firefox-settings/

Quote:
Originally Posted by malengchee View Post
Hello pals I am not sure what went wrong, I could see my files in 'My drive' but after clicking the download button it redirect to 'https://doc-0o-4g-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/...... .' A popup "The page isn’t redirecting properly. An error occurred during a connection to doc-0o-4g-docs.googleusercontent.com. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies." What it mean and how to solve it. I am using Firefox browser. Thanks.
pcexpertq8 is offline   Reply With Quote